Friday, May 25, 2012

vintage fashion faire


Last week I had the pleasure of attending a preview party for the Alameda Vintage Fashion Faire. I rarely miss an opportunity to see a bunch of beautiful vintage pieces in one place, and this particular event had me oohing and ahhing every second. There were over fifty booths filled with treasures from every era, including some of the loveliest lace pieces I've ever seen. I managed to scoot out of there with only two things (a 1960's gingham dress coat and a 1950's yellow polka dot day dress), a small miracle considering how much damage I usually do at these things. Maybe not bringing my giant tote bag with me was a smart move, for my wallet at least! I will share photos of the outfit I wore soon... there was a sequined coat involved that you can see a glimpse of below, my favorite new find.






The highlight of the event was spotting this adorable one-eyed little bud. The cutest.





I have no idea what weird facial expression I was going for here, but I rather liked those glasses.


My style icon for the evening! This lady looked so amazing in her bright pink coat and marabou hat.





This amazing jazz band played on a stage filled with mid-century furniture, so good.

9 comments:

heykhanes said...

Beautiful shots! What kind of camera do you use?

Kaelyn Choo said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend.

Cheers,
Kaelyn

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

That grey and red hat with the bow is soooo lovely. What a gorgeous store.

Penny Dreadful Vintage

Maisy said...

This event looks fabulous - a treasure chest of beauties! X x

Aarika said...

Holy cow. I think I would have died of happiness amidst all that finery!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Such lovely photos - it is almost like window shopping. That dog is adorable, the ones with one eye, three legs are extra special.

Rosaspina Vintage said...

Wow, that lady in pink is fantastic! I wish I could pop by and have a peek at all those pretties. Ahh I need an official excuse to book a flight to San Fran... :)

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

The sparkly bags! Ohhhh! <3

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

Sarah Dee said...

Haha I don't think I'd ever make it past one step through the door... I'd see all the awesome vintage goodies and faint from pure joy! ♥ I just LOVE your sequined coat & I forgot to post on the vid but that was so cute!

♥Sarah♥
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com