Thursday, May 24, 2012

tiered + shaggy












cardigan  shaggy knit sweater c/o shopakira
dress  vintage, thrifted
shoes  vintage

I am increasingly picky about adding non-vintage pieces to my wardrobe, mostly because so many of them aren't my style and when they are my style the prices often make them unattainable. But this funny little cardigan/jacket/muppet sweater from shopakira seems to fit right in, despite totally sticking out at the same time. It's fuzzy! It's fringy! It's weird in the best possible way. The tiered 1970's dress is one I've had for a few years but I think it will be making its way into the shop soon because I can't keep every single dress forever... as much as I'd like to, for dress museum purposes.

15 comments:

mary van note said...

love the sweater and I love these pics!

Joana Chaves said...

Aww, this is the cutest and fluffiest coat I've seen recently. I love this look :)

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

I love this outfit! You combine things really well. I love the pattern on the dress so lovely.
Carlee

http://allthingsaveragegirl.blogspot.com/

Christina Catherine said...

I actually thrifted this exact sweater in black a while ago! I gave it away recently, but I might have kept it if it was RED. So much prettier....

p.s. I like the film outfit posts. They're innaresting.

p.p.s. We had so much fun last night. Thank you for coming out... love you guys

Charmaine said...

I really love these photos, this post almost looks like a look book.

Gwyneth said...

This is such a pretty dress, and it looks so great on you! A really cute outfit!xo

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

The sweater is very swoonable! It looks like it'd be great to dance in!

-Katie

Unknown said...

LOVE this outfit... that cardigan is SO fun!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Unknown said...

It really does have a fringy flapper appeal, in that red. Such an unusual piece really, it looks like it would be vintage.

You are so beautiful by the way.

Jeannine said...

I adore this outfit! You put pieces together with such lovely aplomb!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty photos, Ashley! And thank you again for your incredibly kind email! x

Kate {Something Fabulous}
http://thesomethingfabulous.blogspot.com

Sarah Dee said...

Such a cute and unexpected outfit!

<3 Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Leah said...

Yes, it's true. It may resemble a muppet, but you can pull it off where other could not.

Anonymous said...

The dress is stunning, I don't know how you could bear to part with it! Lovely photos :)
R xx

Emily Rose said...

love this look! and the photo of you on the steps in great! gosh, you are the best at posing! and i hear ya about adding new things to the wardrobe. although now that i work at beacons I own more and more new brand name things. however they are all second hand so its like thrifting, and that makes it okay for me :)