Saturday, November 2, 2013

halloween sequins & feathers


Oh, Halloween. Every year I look forward to you with both excitement and dread, because I know I will have to think of something better each year to top the last costume (see evidence here, here, and here). This year I stumbled upon the actual costume before thinking of the character. I found this crazy sequined getup and decided to be an Aging Showgirl, complete with terrible makeup, a bottle of Lillet, and decades of regret. She had her moment in the spotlight and now she's hanging on by a thread... and clearly I take this a bit too seriously.








16 comments:

Rosaspina Vintage said...

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!!

Unknown said...

fantastic! You look awesome:) love the photos

Anonymous said...

this is the best!

Becky Bedbug said...

Ok, this is the best costume ever!

Becky
xx

Doc Blue said...

Bravo! Bravo! If only I had your creativity!

ohsorosie said...

This is so original!! Loving that dress and the photos are so good :)
Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

carla ortega said...

I had fun with your post! .. is genuine and funny!
carlottaloth.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

Fantastic! your best yet since your Halloween enthusiast costume. This makes me wish we had Halloween here - like proper Halloween not the half arsed kind that we have currently

Unknown said...

Bloody fabulous!

Lotta Losten said...

Oh my! You are fantastic! this got me thinking of the wonderful character Ms Dinsmoor in the movie adaption of Great expectations. I've always said that would be a dream role. Such a wonderful and crazy character!

Lucy in the Sky said...

Haha wow! What a fantastic idea for a costume - spectacular!

Nomad said...

You look great! I love halloween costumes that think outside the box :) x

Jamie said...

This is just incredible! What an amazing idea and execution. Definitely gotta step up my game…

Helga said...

MAGNIFICENT.
That is all.

Babes in Thriftland said...

This costume is so awesome!

Anonymous said...

you're actually amazing.