Saturday, November 17, 2012

bundled up












coat  vintage
cardigan  vintage
blouse  j. crew
brooch  vintage
skirt  club monaco
shoes  c/o modcloth

Oh look, I'm back! You will have to forgive me for the sporadic blogging, it's been a real crazy (busy!) time lately and I'm finding it more and more difficult to post anything worthy of your attention on here. These photos were taken by my hilarious dad (he visited me last weekend) in my new favorite place in the whole world: Adamstown, also known as Antiques Capital, USA. I dragged the poor guy through antique mall after antique mall and we saw a little bit of everything you could possibly imagine. I found all kinds of treasures (including a 1940's navy dress with white lace trim, a large painting of kittens, and a giant fake milkshake) and I'm already aching to go back. The weather is turning cold around these parts but I'm happy to get some use out of my warmer coats, like this fur trimmed number that I found for next to nothing in a thrift store in San Francisco. I'm definitely not used to this cold, cold air but I love any excuse to layer!

21 comments:

kari_breitigam said...

I've been eyeing that bag from hansel from basel!

Anonymous said...

love your bag and shoes.. so pretty :)Irene Wibowo

Naomi said...

You're so stinking cute! And your dad's a trooper!

Http://theoccasionalindulgence.blogspot.com

Becky said...

This is the most beautiful outfit! I love everything about it!

Becky
xx

Unknown said...

Welcome back! hehe

Pretty outfit!

xoxo
hueys

blog: http://thedancingjewels.blogspot.com
store: www.thedancingjewels.com

Check out my store for gorgeous handmade jewelry!

Helen Le Caplain said...

Loving that cardigan and coat combo.

Being able to crack out vintage coats and knits makes the bad weather (almost) worth it!

www.mancunianvintage.com

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

I'm excited to see how you're going to style yourself up for your first East coast Winter. Miss you so much!

Katie Frank said...

this is one of my favourite looks of you :) you look so damn good!!!
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Annalise said...

Looking good lady. I know you don't normally wear black but I think this color combo on you is fantastic. That cardigan is super dreamy and I love the t-straps. I'm glad you're Dad was able to come visit you. That must have been nice. The antique mall sounds drool worthy. Miss you!
XOXO

CouldBeKim said...

your t-strap flats are my favorite.

Kim

http://loopsoflavender.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love your cardigan and bag, might make something like that myself though...

xoxo, Femke
By Button

Mihaela Pojogu said...

Great chic autumn outifit, I love how you layering!

http://aboutwomenandnotonly.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You are adorable!!

Unknown said...

Your pattern mixing is flawless! I love this cozy autumn look.

Unknown said...

LOVE that your back posting! miss your adorbs get-ups and fun stories! glad everything is going so good for you!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

blue roses said...

beautiful layers!


http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Ms. Falcon said...

this cardigan is so gorgeous...
oh i can't wait to see you wearing the 40s sailor dress ...

Christy said...

Isn't Adamstown amazing? I've been there twice, and I always feel like I could spend days and days wandering from one antique store to the next!

As always, gorgeous outfit, lady! That vintage sweater is totally the star in my opinion. It's the sort of sweater I dream of but never seem to find.

Chidiogo Maxwell said...

Love Love that look! you look stunning :).
Looking at these pics for some reason makes me feel warm. lol

Unknown said...

That bag reminds me of the floor in the Black Lodge! Want. You look adorable :) Can't wait to hear about more of your Philadelphia-area adventures; my fiance's family lives there, and I'm on the lookout of cool stuff to do when we go visit.

Sophi

Dust Society said...

I am so happy to be inspired by your winter clothing now that you are on the east coast!