Tuesday, November 1, 2011

a very sensual halloween


Pants! Sneakers! A Bellagio fanny pack! This is my Wine Country Tourist costume, which is especially funny if you've ever lived in Northern California but also funny because look at those pants. I didn't even own a pair of sneakers until a few weeks when it dawned on me that perhaps my epic walks around San Francisco's hilly terrain would ruin my feet if I kept always wearing my vintage Ferragamos. And then I realized they were perfect for a costume involving mostly just the yuckiest clothes I could find! I've never felt so incredibly uncomfortable in an outfit before... you know, emotionally. But for the above photo it was well worth the psychological pain. And the chafing.

Lauren was Sandy from Grease... but I'm pretty sure my costume was still sexier.

That's my roommate Julia dressed as a Creepy Old Man or Woman (and wearing mostly things from my closet, ha).





My friend Thomas always goes full-on drag for Halloween and I love it.





Yeah, I went grocery shopping in my costume.

20 comments:

Taylor Kitto / The Little Deer said...

Hahaha you are amazing. Those pants are too much.

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Ohhh wow! <3 Definitely the most frightening costume I've seen this Halloween!


x
Lost in the Haze

The Semi Sweet said...

That is the best!!! I hope you keep those pants for other fun occasions:)

Helga said...

O,my,I just want to cry for those for whom this is standard attire.....inspired!

Anonymous said...

nice photo's.. much fun.. :) irene wibowo

Louise, Raspberries In Winter said...

Your costume is awesome!

Shelby said...

lol you look so bad (but in a successful halloween costume way).

The Braided Bandit said...

Wow, this is great! You look like you had a ton of fun, love the creativity of the costume idea.
xo Hannah

thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com

Kathleen said...

Umm this is adorable, and I love that you're drinking two buck chuck. Also, Creepy Old Man or Woman is hilarious. Think I've seen me one (or more) of those on the train.

gabrielle said...

the hilly streets of sf might also ruin said vintage ferregamos. yay for commuter shoes!

xxoo
www.paperplanesandmaryjanes.com

Teddi said...

i wonder what would happen if you wore that outfit on a day that wasn't halloween?

out of order said...

that man in the last pic hoarding frozen goods totally wants to take you out for a glass of pinot...


;) this is possibly the best costume evah!
<3Meghan

Sarah Mikaela said...

I LOVE these costumes! Looks like you had a great halloween ;)

xx,
Mikaela

Framboise Fashion

Agnus said...

Very nice and funny photos:)

And...great trousers :D

Have a nice day!

Emily said...

Do people really dress like that when they're touring the wine country? Absolutely hilarious. I live in Minnesota and while we don't have a whole lot of wine country, we sure do have what you call "Minnesota Moms". You've given me a costume idea for next year.

Kitsune-kun said...

haha fun! two years ago my husband and I were japanese tourists....very similar experience.

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes!

marissa (stylebook) said...

you're amazing.

Jenni said...

Ha! great costume! The fanny pack makes it. Very erotic. :D

Angel Nicole said...

Your roommate Julie looks a lot like Amanda Bynes during her "The Amanda Show" days lol.