Monday, October 31, 2011

monster mash


I adore Halloween. Always have, (probably) always will. A few days ago I attended an amazing Halloween house party hosted by Isla and filled to the brim with friends and strangers. My costume was Future Me, or what I intend to look like in about 45 years. I always put a lot of pressure on myself when it comes to costumes, as evidenced by this post of all my past Halloween looks. Last year's costume was a "Sexy" Pottery Teacher (the funny part being that it was incredibly un-sexy). I already have a wardrobe that for most people is like a one-stop costume shop, but it seems too easy to pull from my own clothes so I always try to put something together that I would never actually wear. That's a pretty high bar when I already wear lots of goofy things! So basically I'm just dressed crazy this time around... but don't be surprised if this 1960's silver robe I'm wearing makes a second appearance on Fancy Fine as a shortened fancy jacket.

I wore costume number two last night and there will quite possibly be a third one this evening, so expect even more photos soon! Happy Halloween to all you lovelies... tell me in the comments what your Halloween costumes are!





























18 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! You are too much! The make up is killing me! So silly! My bf and I dressed up as dirk digger & roller girl from Boogie Nights (if you haven't seen it, you HAVE TO and the costume would probably make more sense :) )

Happy Halloween!
xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Femke said...

I love your costume, it's hilarious! I'd wish we celebrated Halloween in our country... Dressing up in silly clothes is so much fun!

xoxo, Femke On the Button

Unknown said...

i love your costume idea!!!! hehehehe ohmy i see myself the same way. over accessorized and a bit nutty... still!

<3 steffy
http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

I don't remember much after 11:30. I woke up the next morning in some frilly 1960s lingerie with a half eaten quesadilla next to the bed. WHAT HAPPENED!?

Zane said...

love the fun photos

FutureLint said...

Looks like fun and I love your crazy lipstick! I was "Sally" from The Nightmare before Christmas this year!

Teddi said...

freakin fantastic fun photos! say that three times in a row. looks like one wild party. :)

Taylor Kitto / The Little Deer said...

Too good. So clever miss Ashley!

My boy and I are going as a couple from the 20s... not too original but hey, it gives me an excuse to do 20s makeup and wear fancy clothes all over, hehe!

Unknown said...

OMG you guys look so silly hahaha.

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

this was such a fantastic time. i wish we could have costume parties every weekend!

JEAN-PIERRE said...

this looks like so much fun! i love the lobster head.

iris said...

oh frida! ahahaha.
you always have the funniest pics, love it:)
x

Rachael // Paraders said...

the costume turned out perfect!!!

Meesh said...

Ha! Fantastic costume idea--and hey, you'd make one fabulous old lady in that getup anyway. Really enjoyed these pics.

hannah, heart city said...

i love your 'halloween enthusiast' costume. might steal that for next year..

foodie said...

Oh I see Islabell from a fine day of sailing! You both have lovely style, following you. xx

Unknown said...

Fantastic costume idea



funny videos

Unknown said...

awesome costume wearing i really like it.funny pictures