Sunday, October 27, 2013

orange & black










headband  vintage
dress  vintage

I'm extra excited about Halloween this year. I think it may have something to do with being on the east coast and experiencing the kind of seasonal shift that never occurs in California, the kind that makes me want to drink apple cider and buy lots of sweaters. I found this Halloween appropriate orange 1960's dress on Etsy recently while searching for a costume (which will be revealed later in the week). It's even more sparkly in person and makes me feel a bit like a fancy pumpkin, which seems about right. Although, I must admit it doesn't top the sparkly hilarity of this year's costume... But you'll just have to wait and see for yourself!

10 comments:

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

You and Donut are lookin' especially fine, Ashley! Oh, and I have seriously LOVED seeing your tbt Halloween costumes lately! <3

xo
Lost in the Haze

The Eyre Effect said...

That dress is gorgeous!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Sarah said...

I adore catching glimpses of you in your apartment. <3 Cute pet you've got there!

ohsorosie said...

Gorgeous dress! And I love your style of photography too.
Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

Anonymous said...

These photos are magazine quality! I love how you manage to tell a story about the dress without showing the entire thing. Great work, and I really enjoy your blog.

Katie Frank said...

you look fantastic, orange is such beautiful colour and it suits you so well <3 and the cat <3 perfection! pure perfection!
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Kitsune-kun said...

what a fun dress!

Anonymous said...

A fancy fine pumpkin, indeed! So glad you're getting to experience a legit East coast Autumn. I miss them so & I miss YOU!

Unknown said...

that dress is perfect! also, i really love the colour of your hair, it looks so rich.

Liz said...

I think the adorable cat is the perfect (purfect ;) accessory.

http://www.lookfortheoccasion.com
I have a category entitled "kitty corner" - cats, fashion, cat fashion, what else could be better? i think you might like it.