Sunday, November 25, 2012

winter white














jacket  thrifted
cardigan  yoon
dress  vintage
purse  vintage from bohemian bisoux
brooches  vintage
tights  asos
shoes  thrifted

A bit of winter white always makes me think of that dumb "no white after Labor Day" rule, which I never really understood because I tend to crave the color year round. This particular white frock was found on my last trip home to San Francisco and I think it works just as nicely with my favorite rusty tights as it will with bare legs and sandals when the weather turns warm again. Although that won't be happening any time soon! I've been slowly but surely adding to my arsenal of true winter gear, something I never had to worry much about in California. People keep saying that this winter is going to be a doozy and I'm secretly hoping it is, just so I can say that my first east coast winter was a legitimate one. Good thing there are hot chocolate shakes at Franklin Fountain to keep me going...

20 comments:

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

i adore how you paired the denim jacket with that dress, Ashley! your outfits are so inspiring, you are one of my top inspirations to go to for style!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

Naomi said...

You look like a little porcelain doll in the first photo, with the door so big! So lovely!

http:// theoccasionalindulgence.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

beautiful photos !!

Mie said...

Danm, why is things I want badly always vintage? - like this dress! I have to look for something just like this! And the tights, omg, I did not knew that I needed a pair, but now i really do!

www.miedina.com

Anonymous said...

pretty dress :)
Irene Wibowo

Unknown said...

wow so adorable!!!

D O U B L E - P I Z Z A Z Z

Kati said...

The first shot - stunning!
-Kati

Anonymous said...

Ou girl perfect photos! i like place when you took it! Old building! Oh love it! Nice outfit too :) Have a nice day girl!

Unknown said...

I love your dress! I rarely wear white, I don't dare with my oh-so-mucky daughter. But I've never associated it as white winter, I'll have to give it a go soon, Thank you!

Cara-Leigh
http://sweetchivalry.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

I love the vintage pin on the jean jacket. So cute

Bisous
Suzanne
http://bisous.typepad.com/bisous/

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

Denim! I don't think I've ever seen you wear denim and you wear it well. I'm excited to see pictures from your first East Coast Winter!

Phara said...

Love the surroundings!
X

CouldBeKim said...

I'm with you on the white all year long. I wore a white lace skirt on Thanksgiving this year!

Kim

http://loopsoflavender.blogspot.com/

Kitsune-kun said...

cute! rust tights are my favourite, and we LOVED franklin fountain when we visited! so charming.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear I'm not the only one doesn't get that silly 'no white after labour day' rule. White, well.. it's just so right

By the way, those brooches are driving me crazy. So sweet.

x Elena @ Randomly Happy

Annalise said...

That hot chocolate shake looks incredible!! Almost as good looking as you in this killer outfit. Love it and love you.
XOXO

Kelli Murray said...

Loving that full skirt on you!

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

I never understood the Labor Day rule either! It makes no sense to exclude one color out of your wardrobe for half a year! Especially one that goes with everything! Love the way you paired the denim with the dress!

-Katie

Anonymous said...

So cute, looks like a fairy tale to me!

xoxo, Femke
By Button

Anonymous said...

These photos are beautiful and love your outfit! x