Sunday, September 9, 2012

new hope & lambertville


Here is a little glimpse at some of the amazingness I experienced on my recent day trip to the ridiculously charming towns of New Hope and Lambertville, which included many racks of dreamy vintage clothes, cherry water ice from Rita's, and a whole lot of oohing and ahhing. I discovered my new favorite antiques store, The People's Store in Lambertville, which is four floors of vintage splendor. I managed to restrain myself from taking home too many things (although I did find a strawberry brooch, a printed 1960's blouse, and a beautiful mint green vase) but I'm already plotting my second trip back because I'm pretty sure every nook and cranny was not properly explored just yet!




I purchased this crazy metallic garland from a year-round Christmas store because the magpie in me couldn't resist.





I'm totally addicted to what the locals call "wooder ice." Heavenly.


My mom took this. She didn't really know what she was doing but I like it anyways.








The best. Still regretting not buying these "shimmering body powders."



Totally bought this dream top.


21 comments:

we hold hands said...

Hi Ashley! Thank you for sharing your beautiful finds! I've lived near (and in) Philadelphia most of my life but have never explored New Hope and Lambertville. I'm currently living in Frederick, MD, but can't wait for a future trip home to visit these lovely shops! Thanks so much! Can't wait to see what else you discover!!! xo

Suzanne said...

I so want to go there! Looks amazing!

Bisous
Suzanne
http://bisous.typepad.com/bisous/

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

that looks like such a cute place! day trips are my favorite. very cute pieces of clothing from those shops!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

Diana said...

that last top!!! I want it! new follower x)

Annalise said...

Drooling over all that vintage goodness. Can we visit there when I visit you? Because I am going to come visit you. Miss ya like crazy!
XOXO

Rebecca Jane said...

Oh wow - so many amazing finds! Sounds like just the place I would love to explore!

pincurls and pistons said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like so much fun!

-Jordan :-)
bohosprite.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

my boyfriend lives in philly, i will have to talk him into a road trip because this looks amazing! we always laugh about people saying "wooder ice." the philly accent is strange and hilarious. love these photos, too!

Anonymous said...

This makes me homesick. So many days of vintage shopping, tattoos at The Lion's Den, & ice cream at Gerenser's.

Christina Catherine said...

Woah, please say you got that top in the last photo...

KittyAndBuck said...

Wow, so many amazing finds there! I miss USA antique malls and thrift stores, hanging out for my next road trip to snaffle some goodies :D
x
Kitty @ Kitty & Buck.

Sandra said...

Nice, I think I may have to take a trip out and do some shopping! Great post and those hats!!!!

Anonymous said...

cool photo.. :)

Irene Wibowo

Katie Frank said...

Oh wow, these things are so amazing. You know, I can feel magic looking at this :) Very, very good photos sweetie :)! Thank you for sharing!
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

Kitsune-kun said...

looks like an AWESOME place to visit! was everything decently priced?

Anonymous said...

oh my oh my! I'm a local of Philadelphia and have yet to make the trek out to New Hope. Definitely going to put it in my agenda for the near future. Your finds are incredible!

A Wild Tonic said...

I spend as much time in New Hope and Lambertville as I can. I hope you checked out some of the delicious restaurants and breweries! :)

gabrielle said...

wooder ice. hehe, spoken like a real philly girl!

Unknown said...

an ex of mine used to live in new hope and i would spend summers. it is the most charming place!

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Dani Beutell said...

Wow there are so many photos, this shop must be huge! So beautiful though. Reminds me of a town in Wisconsin that I don't visit nearly as much as I would like to.

The Braided Bandit said...

I went on a double date to new hope when I was in high school, it is so quaint and adorable! That cropped dream top is SO perfect, as is that sequin blouse and so many pretty prints and collars! Glad you are sharing your adventures again I've been missing them!
xo Hannah