Thursday, April 19, 2012

lavender lips, yellow skirt











Photos by Isla!

cardigan  vintage
blouse  vintage
belt  thrifted
skirt  need supply
tights  c/o tabbisocks
boots  vintage

I've been pretty obsessed with this lavender-hued opaque lipstick from Lime Crime. Quite a few of you were curious to see it in action, so here you go! It goes on pretty dramatically purple so I prefer to blot it on with my finger so the color is a bit more mellow. I think it's a pretty and unexpected alternative to my usual pinks and reds. My girl Isla shot these photos after a coffee date during which we discussed going to New York together in early September to hang out with all the east coast babes (you know who you are). Fingers crossed that we can make it happen!

21 comments:

Teddi said...

this outfit is bright sunshine. it makes me smile! looking good ashley. :)

Emily Rose said...

yea yea yea!! new york trip! cant wait!

Gwyneth said...

This outfit is so cute, and the lipstick is so pretty! Have fun planning your New York trip...!xo

Gwyneth

Zelina Garza said...

that color looks great on you :)

Nicole Faith Roxas said...

Spell beautiful, A-S-H-L-E-Y!! You look so gorgeous here! =)

Lace And Tulle said...

what a beautiful skirt!!!

Maria said...

Are you still thinking of Portland?

sweet harvest moon said...

Love the cranberry and mustard colors together!, must try this combination next fall! Pretty!

Unknown said...

love this get up, as always! you should try the lipstick 'Snob' by MAC --- my everyday go to! Perfect pinky/purple color :)

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Anonymous said...

I love the colour of your lipstick! You are so beautiful, Ashley :)

Kate {Something Fabulous}
http://thesomethingfabulous.blogspot.com

Constance said...

I have the same lipstick! I love it so much, but it's not easy to wear and my boyfriend hates it!


http://www.afrenchinlosangeles.com/

Tribute to the Tribe said...

Lovely skirt. The color is wonderful.
www.tributetothetribe.com

Dylana Suarez said...

Such a cutie you are!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love that gorgeous top, it suits you so well! I hope you can make your NYC trip happen :)
R xx

Yuliya Fashionblog said...

Perfect look ♥
Bisous
Yu'

Aliya said...

The skirt and the cardigan are my absolute favourite parts of your outfi! You are so gorgeous! Is there anything you don't look good in?! Wait, that's a silly question! There isn't!

x Aliya
www.hillsidestory.net

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely outfit! That lipstick color is great and I'm obsessed with your boots!!

Ana
AnaCloud Vintage
ANACLOUD

Anonymous said...

I love that lip colour. It's quite dreamy. And that skirt looks so fun to dance around in.

Wren
http://www.houseofwren.blogspot.com/

Little Tranquility said...

You're so pretty!! I love this outfit. Your hair, too! AH!

SM said...

I really like the color pallette and the pretty pleated skirt!

Ang Lam said...

I love your lip colour!

ang-closet365.blogspot.ca