Wednesday, February 1, 2012

pretty snappy














Photos by Isla!

jacket  vintage, flea market
blouse  vintage, thrifted
skirt  vintage, thrifted
belt  vintage, thrifted
bag  vintage, thrifted
knee socks  b.ella from dema
shoes  vintage ferragamo

Yeah, sometimes I have a difficult time keeping it serious. In my defense I was guzzling down coffee in between each shot and it made me want to jump around even more than usual. I found this funny silk 1970's blouse at one of my favorite thrift stores, hiding in between a bunch of ugly oversized polyester stuff. These photos don't really show off the amazing collar but believe me when I say it's the stuff that dreams are made of. In the middle of shooting a woman walked by and stared at me for such an uncomfortably and unblinkingly long time that I had to stop for a moment and stare back at her until she realized she was gawking. I'm sure my fellow bloggin' ladies have experienced similar awkward moments with strangers when shooting in a public place... it never fails to both amuse me and make me feel like a giant goon.

20 comments:

Emily Rose said...

awesome blouse! and great color combo!

Valerie Enríquez said...

I really love your mustard yellow skirt, it's one of my favorite tones. The knee highs are so lovely too x

FutureLint said...

The colors and proportions of this are so fun and unexpected! Love it all!

dom.the.mom said...

Wow. Such a cute vintage look. You look amazing in this outfit. It suits you so well! I always find it hilarious when you ham it up for photos, they always turn out so fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Love the blouse and the whole outfit is so well put together.

http://spero-rose.blogspot.com

Crystal Lee said...

I love your top! It's so fun and matches your personality. a darling outfit, indeed.

Natasha Fatah said...

Pretty snappy indeed! This is a great outfit, with lots of fun elements. Love that you're having so much fun with the pics!

xoxo
www.natashafatah.blogspot.com

Zane said...

love the blouse and beautiful shoes

Frannie Pantz said...

Great blouse and yes, I have those moments almost weekly. This is made exponentially strange given that I take my own pictures. I mean, I can only stand there and pretend to figit with the settings on my camera while they walk on by for so long!

Tonya said...

Oh gosh this is SO adorable! Probably one of my favorite looks of yours. I love the colors and the top's print is so perfect. The colors you used are wonderful...love this so much!!

www.themoptop.com

Kitsune-kun said...

these are such cute photos! love the trouser socks:)

Robyn said...

Yay for fun pics. This kind of reminds me of a 60s/70s catalog shoot, and I obviously mean that in the best way possible.

As for strangers messing up my photo shoot mojo, I have definitely been there. One of the biggest selling points of our house was the back alley with great lighting. Thanks to this locale I get stared at awkwardly significantly less often. High fives.

Purrfect Kat said...

only you can look so damn pretty with knee socks!!!!!
your style blows me away evryday! Love it!!!!!!!!!!

http://purrfectkat.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PURRFECTKATVINTAGE

Anonymous said...

Cute photos.

Great colour combo in the outfit - I'm loving that mustard skirt..!

FJM

x


http://flapjackmelody.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

such a gfreat color pallet you got goin' on here!

Last-Year Girl said...

Even without seeing the collar or feeling the fabric, this is a vintage find to die for. Love it - I literally want the shirt off your back!

Unknown said...

mustard and brown.. the best color combo!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Tiana said...

you are stunning and cute and i love your style! i can't get over it. I found your blog from isla and you two are amazing! i love your guys' blogs and can't wait to read more posts :)

xoxo
- tiana of l'esthetique

Kenzie and Maddy said...

I love your Ferragamo's!

Rebecca Jane said...

Firstly, this outfit is, of course, lovely (as always!). But more importantly? I love how happy, fun and carefree these photos are. So refreshing!