Friday, January 20, 2012

a fine day for prancing













Photos by Isla Bell

coat  1960's vintage
dress  1950's vintage
blouse  vintage
hat  asos.com
brooch  thrifted
belt  thrifted
boots  vintage

Winter weather has finally hit San Francisco, which means it's time for all my warmest coats to see the light again. I found this beautiful navy 1960's coat at the last Vintage Fashion Expo (my favorite event of the year) and it's just the thing to keep me toasty. I met up with the lovely Isla for a "coffee & photos" date (just as silly and fun as it sounds) and she also happened to be wearing a navy coat. Too bad we didn't manage to get a photo together! The boots are a new addition to the wardrobe and were found in the men's section at Painted Bird because my huge feet wouldn't fit into any of the lady shoes. I can't tell you how long I've been searching for the perfect short, brown boots that I can clomp around the city in all day long. For $20 these were worth the wait!


19 comments:

dom.the.mom said...

Gimme your coat. Lol. Just kidding. Your outfit is so cute. It gives me hope that you don't have to sacrifice style in order to brave the Winter weather. :]

Anonymous said...

Love the coat, and that little lion is so fine! x

Phara said...

Great boots and such an adorable hat, I've got a similar one with an even bigger pompom ^^

hannah, heart city said...

you are an expert prancer, i can tell. great coat!

Zane said...

adorable dress and I love that coat too

CHRISTI JAY said...

Good find with the boots! Ive been looking for a similar pair but only have luck with mens styles... those tights are a really interesting color too, i love.

Camilla said...

I don't think that coat could be any cuter if it tried!

xo Camilla

Into The Fold

Teddi said...

i've never seen blue houndstooth. i all the shades of blue with the navy coat, & the mustard ruffle collar. your winter hat add a hint of playfulness & fun! :)

june said...

The perfect boots!! And also the coat is so nice!
Ciao

Jenny said...

I am so glad that you are wearing that dress! It was a fav of mine for quite sometime. I can't wait to see you tonight...have fun with the fam at dinner. Call me when you are done! We will be in the mission.

Christina Catherine said...

Hey! You got the boots! They look so good with your girliness!

The Semi Sweet said...

You are the cutest lady who ever wore vintage!! Or at least one of the cutest!! I love the coat and those boots are really pretty!!

Anonymous said...

i love the boots. :)
Irene Wibowo

meredith said...

You are just so lovely. That dress is perfection! I hope you enjoy the cooler temperatures and have a happy weekend! :)

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

aww you look beautiful!! That coat is amazing & love how you thought to pair a longsleeve fun-colored blouse under that dress, always forget about these things & you look so great. sounds like a fun day, coffee dates are the best. Have a fun weekend : )
http://dusanabotswana.com/

Allison Young said...

you have great style!
can't wait to see future posts!
will be following!

www.absurdlypeculiar.blogspot.com

Pip ♥ said...

Beautiful outfit, the dress is amazing and it looks great with the coat!

Pip x

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

So lovely! I wish I had your kind of Winter so bad! Wanna trade for some mud and slush mixed with -25 Degree Celsius ?

sweet harvest moon said...

Blue en mustard are my favorite color combo, so beautiful together!