Thursday, January 19, 2012

post mod













Photos by Joshua Cobos

dress  1960's vintage
boa  vintage
tights  american apparel
shoes  tic tac toes

It occurred to me recently that I have lived in San Francisco for nearly a decade. So many years spent climbing up and down the most wonderful, adventure-filled hills I could possibly imagine, eating my way through every neighborhood, and singing enough karaoke to make me some kind of professional weirdo. These photos were shot near my apartment in Nob Hill, a favorite place to go exploring because there are so many hidden alleys and secret spots still to be discovered. I had a little moment on the swings in Huntington Park and I could remember being in the same exact spot about nine years earlier with a group of friends from art school, all of us so excited to be in this magical city and stumbling towards adulthood together. I'm certain I will find myself in another city sooner or later, someplace with new karaoke bars, new secret spots to find, and new friends to make mischief with. But San Francisco will always be here waiting for me, a piece of my fuchsia heart tucked somewhere safe in one of those alleys.

18 comments:

Camilla said...

wow these are so beautiful :)

xo Camilla

Into The Fold

june said...

What wounderful photos!And what nice words: I can say almost the same for Bologna, in Italy.
xx

lauren, curious constellation said...

It looks like there's a pink rabbit in your bag in the second picture.

Crystal Lee said...

a fuschia angel brightening up the hilly streets of San Francisco! This color really suits your skin tone & your disposition. Love the outfit

Femke said...

San Francisco sure sounds good! Love your outfit, it's very artistic :)

xoxo, Femke On the button

Unknown said...

wow a decade! i wish i could stay in one place that long! i love the color of your dress :)


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Anonymous said...

So fantastic. I wish I could look this good in tent dresses, alas I look like someone has thrown a piece of cloth over a whale. x

Unknown said...

i adore that picture of you with the red gate! :)
itsnother-itsme.blogspot.com

Jenni said...

I love a good tent dress, and this one is pretty close to perfect. Beautiful color on you.

MissKait said...

i totally love the pretty pink color.
and that the cut of that dress is so darling on you!

xoxo katlin
kaitgirl

Annalise said...

I love the photo of you flying off those stairs. Lovely!
XOXO

Zane said...

wonderful, love every single photo

Vanessa said...

What an amazing dress! These photos are amazing, straight out of a 1960s fashion magazine with a more contemporary approach! Love.

www.looselips-sinkships.com

Miki said...

What a fun post and cool dress!

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

Love that boa & dress & fantastic job on these pics! I esp love the jumping one & where you have your arms out, so fun w/ that dress. SF really seems like a cool city I always thought I'd live in someday.
http://dusanabotswana.com/

Unknown said...

What a wonderful love letter to a wonderful city (and what a wonderful dress!) That's rather how I feel about the city, even though I'm not there right now and only lived in the city proper (or across the bay) for three years. But I grew up in the orbit of the city and it's where my heart is going to always be, at least in part.

Zoë, Lion Heart Vintage said...

Absolutely amazing shots, lady! I'm constantly amazed by your locations and the incredibly creative poses. Seriously that jumping shot, the tilted hill shot and the alley shot are mind blowing!

Megan said...

I love those shoes. They may be the perfect silver shoe ever. I can't quite figure out which ones they are on the Tic Tac Toes site - could you be more specific about which ones they are?