Friday, December 23, 2011

oh so merry













Photos by Isla!

dress  thrifted
purse  vintage
socks  urban outfitters
heels  forever21

I know, it's ridiculously short. I don't recommend wearing something this short if you happen to be taking photos across the street from a parking garage where twenty dudes work, because they will whistle and holler until your cheeks are bright red. Apparently the fact that this dress was clearly made for a husky little girl was trumped by the shortness. I found it at a thrift store about a year ago and this seems like the perfect time of year to wear it. I feel like I should be holding a mug of hot chocolate and standing in a pile of snow, but San Francisco is breaking the weather rules as usual and giving us lots of sunshine. Can't complain!

I hope the holidays have been treating you lovelies well so far... I'm heading up north to Santa Rosa tomorrow evening to spend some time with my family. Excited to play a few heated rounds of Trivial Pursuit with my favorite people in the world!

22 comments:

dom.the.mom said...

The absolute cutest holiday inspired outfit I've seen. I want those socks and Mary Janes! :]

Unknown said...

This is so cute! That little santa bag of yours is cracking me up! Have a wonderful holiday, ashley!!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Lies said...

It has hardly snowed here either! Only you could pull of a girls' christmas dress, and that is a compliment! It's supercute!

Roxanne Rosensteel said...

I think you're my hero.

Unknown said...

hahaha I had a feeling you'd mention the length of this dress! But it is so adorbs on you! Have a great Christmas!

:)

Zane said...

you look gorgeous, love everything here

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Ohhh my goodness! I think that is the best christmas dress EVER! <3 I love the shoes too! The dots are so amazing!

x
Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

Folklorical said...

So so so very adorable!!! I love the dress, the shoes, the socks, and you!

hannah kristina metz said...

You little christmas doll!

Annalise said...

Holy Holidays!! You are way too stinking cute in this get up. I would have whistled and hollered if I had seen you too. We need to have an elf photoshoot. haha. :D
XOXO

Love said...

so cute....

love your shoes.

xoxo
LOVE

Anonymous said...

The pumps and the tiny chain purse are so adorable!

http://madnessanmusings.blogspot.com/2011/12/15-days-of-scarves-day-14-peach-and.html

Gela said...

you look so adorable! you're like a porcelain doll! perfect holiday outfit. :)


Gela
boat ride through the sky

Aliya said...

How cute!! Perfect for Christmas! Your hair is so so lovely! Oh and I love your socks!!

Merry Christmas!!

x Aliya
www.papermoonsandmacarons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

you are so incredibly beautiful and natural!
I love this dress... it's so Christmasy!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

meredith said...

Oh so gorgeous! I love plaid! Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)

Unknown said...

BEST.DRESS.EVER. your clothes just amaze me!!!

<3 steffy
http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

The Semi Sweet said...

hehe...men are gross aren't they! You were brave to take photos at that location. Love the dress to pieces!!

Phara said...

That dress is perfect for christmas. Have a good one, merry christmas!
X

Unknown said...

definitely on the short side, haha. but it is a pretty incredible dress nonetheless!

The Kitten Paws Blog said...

Such a great dress and totally perfect for the holidays! I'm really loving all of your festive looks. I have a few dresses that are a bit on the short side which I am not completely comfortable with but they are so cool otherwise so I like to pair them with some vintage lacy bloomers that kind of peak out. They're fun and enable me to wear a wider range of dresses that I might otherwise feel a tiny bit awkward in ha :)

Tiffany
kittenpawsvintage.com

Anonymous said...

lovely dress! great blog...


xx
deni