Saturday, December 24, 2011

fringe benefits







necklace  vintage, flea market
shoes  vintage

When darling Maryanne of House of Maryanne Vintage said she wanted to send me a velvet kimono to style I was a bit skeptical. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Stevie Nicks... I just didn't know if that fringey bohemian style would clash with most of my wardrobe. And then I considered my wardrobe, my crazy bursting-open wardrobe, and realized that there is no such thing as clashing anymore. A velvet kimono? Sign me up! I can imagine wearing it over some pretty little lace nightgown while putzing about my apartment, but I also love it with this green dress. You can snag a lovely kimono for yourself here. I can guarantee that it's super fun to spin around and around in.

I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and happy holidays all around! xo

P.S. I will be announcing the winners of the two holiday giveaways on Facebook later today!

11 comments:

out of order said...

you look awesome!! love the velvet with your lady like look :)
Happy holidays!
<3Meghan

Unknown said...

what a festive qT! love the green dress!!

<3 steffy
http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

You look so good in Christmas colours! <3 <3 <3 Hope you have the best day!

x
Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

Conny said...

Merry Christmas!!! :)

Annalise said...

Lovely red and green. I might be biased as I'm in love with velvet and fringe. Gorgeous!
XOXO

iris said...

love the colour!
lovely dress
xx

Anonymous said...

I would have been skeptical too, but you totally pull it off! Love that green dress, too.

xo,
Hannah

www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the intricate velvet designs on your wrap! Your tights are pretty awesome too.

Hope you had a great Christmas!

xo
http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

The Kitten Paws Blog said...

Wow! You totally rocked that kimono! Love how you styled it and now I really really want one. Mission accomplished! :)

Tiffany
kittenpawsvintage.com

Dylana Suarez said...

Giiiiiiiiiiirl you looking too gorgeous! Loving all your posts :)

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

Zane said...

beautiful outfit, love the holiday vibe here