Monday, November 21, 2011

goth party



I love any excuse to wear some kind of costume. These photos are from a goth-themed birthday party hosted by the lovely Annalise. My version of goth ended up being pretty weak... I was dressed more appropriately for a 1950's cocktail party than a celebration of darkness (a result of having very little black in my wardrobe). But fortunately my stylish friends picked up the slack! We made our best goth faces, which in my case meant snarling a lot. We also looked up "goth dance party" on YouTube and found this inspirational video. It's fun being young but I like to think that when I'm in my seventies I'll still be going to silly theme parties...





















Polaroid shots "stolen" from Christina!

11 comments:

Fashion Faux Pas said...

SUPER ÜBER COOL PICS!!! It takes me back to the 80's when I was 14 and bought Bravo Magazine to try and read their photographic soap opera with goth characters. Loved this post, it really put a big smile on my face!

MissKait said...

i want your life...it looks so fabulous.

xoxo katlin
kaitgirl.blogspot.com

Rosaspina Vintage said...

Couldn't agree more: in my seventies I want to take a plane, come to SF and attend a goth party like this! Your expression on the picture with the bottle is priceless :)
Ale
x

Zane said...

great shots

Anonymous said...

That looks like such fun! I swear, you always go to the best parties ...
Kelly xo

Sarah said...

i knew i'd be inclined to love it from the title of the post, but oh my god is this pleasing.

Meggstatus said...

Don't worry, the Cooks makes up for your costume... so goth :)

Unknown said...

Hahah the party seems like it was a good time... you guys are such goofballs!

Xxx
Www.ladyalamode.com

Rebecca said...

Yes, a goth party is a great theme idea. Reminds me of being 16 and liking a bit of the goth vibe. You all look very dark!

Femke said...

The lace dress of your friend has 'Morticia Adams' written all over it, it is so cool! Perhaps your dress was a bit too classy, but love your make-up!

I totally agree with you on still having crazy theme parties when you're in your seventies, that would be so funny... I think I would love it :)

xoxo, Femke On the Button

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

these are so great. my eyes are so wide in that photo you would think there's candy in the camera! haha.