Friday, November 18, 2011

fancy friends #03: emily theobald


It's been too long since I've done a Fancy Friends feature (you might remember the first two featuring my lovely friends Jessica and Lauren). When I was in New York back in September I was lucky enough to be staying with one of the most fashionable ladies I know: Miss Emily Theobald. Her wardrobe is filled to the brim with some of the loveliest vintage treasures I've ever laid eyes on. In fact, I'd say that about 99% of her wardrobe is vintage or thrifted! Quite inspiring. Emily is the ultimate babe and wears clothing in such an effortless way, even when said clothing happens to be rather fancy or unusual. She gravitates towards pieces from the 1970's but there is a bit of every era in that closet, including quite a few amazing frocks from the 1950's and 60's. She wears only what she loves, trends be damned, and that makes her one of my forever style icons. I am always excited to see what she wears next. Oh, and did I mention that she is the best hostess, subway navigator, party date, and rag-curler ever? And that she is one of the only gals I know who can not only walk as fast as me but can put away a meal just as quickly? Soul mate!

Go take a peek at her wonderful blog: It Girl, Rag Doll!

Aaaand be sure to click READ MORE below to see way more photos!








































18 comments:

carmen said...

great post, I love the shoes and the accessories in your pics <3

Emily Rose said...

yay! haha i almost forgot about this!! excited to finally see the photo, and thanks for all the kind words! can't wait till your next visit!!.. I miss you!

amberly said...

Beautiful photos!! She is so stunning... I love her hair, and oh my goodness - I'd give anything to raid her closet and surround myself with such treasures! Her accessories are a dream! A wonderful intro to Ms. Theobald!!

Its great to have such friends :)

k said...

love her blog, what an amazing wardrobe she has! and these photos are lovely.

Maria- CityLaundry said...

lovely lady indeed!
i love her closet it's just wonderful!
xx

out of order said...

I so hope to oneday have an epic closet, too!

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Ohh, thank you for the introduction! <3 Her style is flawless!


x
Lost in the Haze

Joy said...

the photos here are incredible. she does have style. awesome closet!

foodie said...

Emily has lovely style, I love her unique bits and pieces!!

Zane said...

beautiful lady and beautiful photos

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Wonderful style, I particularly adore the harlequin dress :)

Helga said...

I had discovered the divine lass via your blog roll some time back,and have quite the crush on her!:)

Ms. Falcon said...

great post about an amazing lady... i esp. love the grateful dead vest paired with those high waisted pants.

thanks for sharing!

Liz said...

yayyy! i love this so much.

Kathleen said...

Awesome post! I love this feature. It's so much fun to peek inside other people's closest. She has the coolest style.

Rosaspina Vintage said...

She's such a beauty! And looks fun too, I bet you two ladies had a great time in New York :)
Her hats collection is gorgeous and it's been quite some time that I didn't see someone rocking 70s trousers so amazingly! Good girl :)
Ale
x

Phara said...

To have a closet like that, what a dream!
X

Marie said...

Lovely post! You had me at the plaid wiggle dress. I love looking at vintage fans' closets too.


Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
I'm having a giveaway...