Thursday, October 27, 2011

a vintage soirée, part two


So the first official Vintage Soirée (a pop-up shop collaboration with Isla, Annalise, Jen, and Rachel) happened and it was even better than I expected. We are so totally going to do this monthly, guys! We even came up with a pretty cute name for ourselves, but I'll have to keep that hush hush for now. Our first sale involved many bottles of champagne, tons of cute ladies we lured in by calling out things like "$5 bins, $10 bins!" and lots of trying things on over our clothes. I wore a 1990's romper that was a wee bit short on me and kept flashing my bum (accidentally!) to strangers riding by on the bus. Okay, after a few glasses of champagne I may have been doing it ever-so-slightly on purpose. Anything for a laugh, right?











My outfit for the day: a thrifted 1990's romper that I was planning on selling, but it seemed like the perfect easy thing to thrown on for such a warm day. I paired it with my Fletcher by Lyell heels, a vintage hat found on Etsy, and lots o' pale leg.









Obviously we all had to don floor length prairie dresses for an impromptu photo shoot...




16 comments:

Femke said...

Haha, silly girl, flashing your bum :) Looks like you've had lots of fun! And that's the most important!

xoxo, Femke On the Button

Kelly said...

Looks like so much fun! Cute pictures too! : )

Wanderlust Fashion

Emily Rose said...

so cute! looks like loads of fun!.. also makes me miss you to bits!!!!!!

Unknown said...

UGH! NO fair, I want to attend a vintage soirée!

xo
http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

Meggstatus said...

You girls are too awesome.

Annalise said...

Awww...I love this post. The maxi dress pictures came out great. I'm seriously cracking up at the last few. I can't wait to do it again.
XOXO

Jul said...

Oh my, this looks so much fun! You guys all look amazing :)
Life is a romantic poem

Mici Mathonka said...

you put same link under Annalise and Jen :)

LUU H. said...

chic girls!

Unknown said...

ohmygd. so much love for you ladies!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Unknown said...

you have no idea how sad I am I missed this. Please make it monthly, and tell it in advance so I can get off stupey work!!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Phara said...

Oh, it looks amazing! You all look lovely!
X

amanda said...

this looks so fun!!!!!! love the last photo of you girls :)

Unknown said...

OMG Islabell !!!! You know her and you're lucky. Her style is the best...with yours ^^

See U

Unknown said...

This looks like so much fun! :) You are all some of my favorite bloggers :)

percentblog said...

Had a great time at the first and will definitely be attending the next one. Such good deals plus mimosas and some wonderful ladies!