Monday, June 27, 2011

thrifty





dress  thrifted
shoes  chelsea crew
tote bag  filson (from j. crew)

I love a good novelty print. The goofy hat print on this dress won me over at my neighborhood Goodwill, as did the ruffled collar and loose babydoll shape. I've been having some excellent luck at the thrift stores lately. Just today I purchased the perfect black leather cross-body satchel, a giant framed photo of two kittens wearing red bows around their necks (!), a sheer hot pink lingerie jumpsuit (I can't think of a better way to describe it, but it's insane), a furry fox purse, and a beautiful bright blue flapper-style dress that I plan on putting in the shop soon. I'm going to need a Fancy Fine warehouse soon!

19 comments:

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

The hat print is so darling!

x
Lost in the Haze

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

Summer is the best time for thrifting as so many people are moving/donating goodies! Love the hat print of your dress, I too adore novelty prints.

You should post a picture of the kitty picture you found, sounds adorable.

Louise, Raspberries In Winter said...

What a cute pattern for a dress! I really like your tote bag, it looks like it would go with everything.

Unknown said...

You never fail to look so sooo amazing.

beautiful dress and shoes!

http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

nina said...

lovely photos (-: & yay, thrift store luck is the best feeling in the world!

http://thesweetlings.blogspot.com/

Annalise said...

Haha. Fancy Fine Warehouse should be the name of your new shop! I love it. :D Thursday was so much fun. Let's get our karaoke on soon!
XOXO

Carys said...

I love novelty prints, you look so nice!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Akvilina said...

Ooohhhh, that bag is amazing! The dress too!!

Ruth said...

SOOO cute! Ahh, thrift stores--- got to love 'em. :)

Unknown said...

i love the collar on that dress!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Studio Duermevela said...

i like your shoes!
nice pics...

Unknown said...

Your dress is amazing, so unique and I love the print.

I'm jealous !

See U !

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous, gorgeous dress. So jealous right now ...

Kelly xo
Elegantly Academic

Unknown said...

such a cute find!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

lauren, curious constellation said...

You can pull off anything, wow! I would've never picked this up at the thrift store but you make it work so well.

Phara said...

A dress with hats, BRILLIANT!
X

Natalie Leung said...

i love your dress, so beautiful. your blog is sooo nice :)

natalie
http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

Gabriella said...

LOVE that dress! absolutely stunning on you!

http://breathingin-gabie.blogspot.com/
http://breathingin-gabie.tumblr.com/

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

cute little hat print dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's really truly adorable. I always love your clothes.