Saturday, June 25, 2011

swap meet







dress  vintage
flower crown  alexandra grecco
shoes  vintage ferragamo

A few days ago I went to a clothing swap hosted by Lulu's. My date for the evening was the adorable Annalise and we were not prepared for the madness that ensued. I had never been to a swap before so I took advantage of the free wine bar in order to prepare myself for potential mayhem. And let me tell you, these ladies went WILD. I didn't even attempt to take anything because I didn't feel like using my elbows. Instead I took silly photos with Annalise, Erin and James (who I met for the first time that evening) and ate perhaps more than my fair share of hors d'oeuvres. It was fun watching all the girls running around and snatching things up but I guess in the end I'm more of a swap observer.

Thanks to Punky, Julie, and Stephanie for being such sweethearts and inviting me to join!


A trio of lovely bloggers: Erin, James and Annalise.





18 comments:

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Oh, I adore your delightful flower crown! And the red of your dress is beautiful!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com

hillary said...

Woweee your outfit is amazing. Clothing swaps have always intimidated me too, I actually ditch out on one today but I'm hoping to attend one in the near future.

Anonymous said...

great dress! i love that you always talk about how much you eat :)

Miki said...

Oh, wow! Your dress is just amazing! ;)

Hope you're having a fun weekend!

Miki.

Rebeccak said...

I didn't realise clothing swaps were so wild?! I've always thought everyone would be overly polite and well-behaved!
I love that floral crown - so sweet and so perfect with your lacey dress :)

Ruth said...

Perfection! I love this look.

Annalise said...

Oh, hahaha. I love these pictures. I had so much fun with you! Yay for wine and free tote bags. I hope you are staying cosy in your red sweater.
XOXO
PS. I'm totally going to steal some of these photos for my blog. :D

Unknown said...

your dress is so delicate and pretty... and can i live in cali with you guys and be buddies, because youre all so
cute! i love the hummingbird girls :)

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Louise, Raspberries In Winter said...

Love the red under the black lace. The swap meet sounds like fun, even with the crazy women elbowing each other!

Unknown said...

aaah you look o lovely and great. Erin is sooo gorgeous and her dress is dreamy !

There's nothing like this in France, shame !

See U !

Punky said...

It was so good to meet you! Im going to post the photos soon, ill send them over.

Phara said...

Those shoes, so very lovely!
I organised a clothes swap once, but in a more calm and patient way, a smaller gathering, where everyone could try on things and just trade if you both liked something. Those were the best, don't like the hectic ones :)
X

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Great recap! Such a fun event! I was admiring your outfit all night, that dress is great!

xo.Adiel

Ana Peregrine said...

I love that whole outfit! I can't even decide which piece is the best part!

Emma Litton said...

The crown and dress are so beautiful together! The color is amazing.

alittlevintagestory said...

OMG, having attended a few clothes swaps, some people are just nuts. For entertainment value though, its definent gold. xx

OnTheRacks said...

It definitely was craziness! Hope you found cute things...looking adorable. :)

xx Laura

Daisy said...

This dress is lovely !