Saturday, March 26, 2011

behind the scenes: bust photo shoot


Being part of a photo shoot for BUST magazine was pretty magical. I've been wanting to share these behind-the-scenes photos with you guys for a while but I had to wait until the issue came out... and it's out! I'm still quite tickled that they wanted me to model in a fashion editorial based purely on checking out Fancy Fine. My girl Lauren accompanied me and shot a lot of these photos in addition to watching hours of terrible daytime television in the motel room (oh the things you do for love). Everybody on set was incredibly friendly and they didn't seem to mind my constant stream of really bad dad jokes (in fact the photographer, Gabriela Hasbun, encouraged me to be even goofier than usual). Hey BUST, let's do it again!

I spent a good deal of time watching hot surfer dudes undress through the binoculars... until one caught me! We're dating now. (Not really.)






These shoes were a nightmare getting on and off... but they sure did look cool.


Erin (left) was my model buddy for the day, and she's a real model. Angel (right) was the amazing stylist.

Part of my "job" that day was to eat BBQ ribs and mac n' cheese. Heaven.



Lauren trying on some beautiful sunglasses.

Wearing my own vintage bed jacket in between shooting.


Wearing my own vintage beaded crop top with pretty underwear by The Loved One.

Inspiration on the walls of the motel room.




Please come curl my hair all pretty every morning?





This is what I reverted to when I wasn't being photographed for reals.



23 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Fantastic editorial! I am totally envious of the blue babydoll blouse you wear on page 84. So pretty. Congratulations!

Mallory said...

That's so freaking exciting! I love Bust. Also: surfer dudes + awesome clothing + delicious food? That's a good job.

Morgan said...

How incredible...Bust is my favorite magazine!

darcy dubose said...

I was so excited to find you in the pages of the issue when it came to my door! BUST is really wonderful that way, so many of the blogs I read end up being featured and its like a little message from the universe saying "I get you."

Angela Joy said...

Wow congratulations are in order! I'll definitely have to check out this issue, Bust is an amazing magazine. That's seriously such an honor.

out of order said...

looking good (and fun!)

Cassie said...

I love all the personality in these photos. Looks like a nice location for a shoot.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun on the shoot.
And who can blame you for checking out surfer dudes?

Meesh said...

Looks like you guys had a great time shooting! It was fun to read about, too. :)

anabela / fieldguided said...

Eek! Can't wait to see!

Emily Rose said...

aw, looks like such a fun day! i really gotta go out and get that issue!

Unknown said...

you look gorgeous and WOW what a great experience!!!!

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Rebeccak said...

Awesome! Hehe also love your comments re: checking out surfer dudes... made me snort into my morning coffee!

Maria Ramona said...

this looks like rockaway beach in pacifica! i used to waitress at the restaurant there back in college... that place is a time warp-- great place for a shoot!

Pamela Myers said...

I love behind the scenes!

Casie Jean said...

gahh this looks like such a fun day. and I have been looking for/really really want that beaded crop top x..xx
Casie Jean

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Ahh how exciting! Can't wait to see the final results! Eek! x www.lostinthehaze.com

Zelina Garza said...

oh my you look awesome! this looked like fun :)

Annalise said...

Oh my gosh, looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see the final product. Pretty ladies.
XOXO

Crystal Lee said...

This looks like a fun editorial. I can't wait to see the photos from Bust. The 60s Nova & mid century beach motel are pretty dope. You look cute. Dad jokes are the best when not told by dads. better left to the daughters.

Bite The Beat said...

After reading this post, I grabbed my issue of BUST and started flipping through the pages to see the editorial you were featured in, but I guess I don't have the latest issue. Either way, you look gorgeous and judging from your photos, it looks like you had a fantastic time shooting.

And do I spy my most beloved drink, Mexican Coca-Cola?

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

What an amazing editorial, I'll have to see if the book store has a copy of the magazine! It's exciting that they found you through your blog.

bestie said...

fun, fun and more fun!!!!