Saturday, December 18, 2010

fancy fine holiday party!



Whew! It happened: my first vintage pop-up shop. Victor was kind enough to let me use his beautiful home as the setting for a gaggle of adorable ladies perusing vintage clothes and accessories. Francesca and Nicole both contributed some of their amazing collections to the sale, and the lovely ladies behind Hummingbird Girls Vintage brought a wonderful selection of shoes. I (predictably) went overboard with the snacks and champagne, filled the house with smoke at one point trying to heat up some hors d'oeuvres in the oven, tried to keep Beatrice (Victor's dog) from pouncing on every new arrival, and blasted silly holiday music all evening. It was amazing and I'm so excited to do it again. 

Thank you to everyone who came (looking so darn festive!) and to those that helped me create this little vintage heaven for an evening. And for those of you that missed out, don't you worry... all the treasures I didn't sell last night will be going into my upcoming Etsy shop! So think of this as a little sneak peek.

So adorably festive!

This amazing tote bag will be going into the Etsy shop... unless someone wants to snag it now! Talk to me.

A sampling of Nicole's goodies... so many pretty dresses!

Amazing Meggy of Fashion For Writers wearing her new Fancy Fine dress and fur coat

Sophi looking so 60's on the left, Jen and Annalise of Hummingbird Girls on the right

Nicole made the ladybug collar... I want one so bad.

This amazing pink hat is still up for grabs... well, unless I decide to keep it for myself!

Of course I was mostly selling dresses... I can't stop collecting them.

Francesca and her boyfriend Paul being all snuggly and sweet

Cutest shoes ever, brought to you by the Hummingbird Girls! (I wanted those silver ones to fit me sooo bad.)

Too much champagne, not enough candy! (I'm wearing a vintage velvet dress from the 60's.)

Babe alert!

24 comments:

kate maggie said...

gah!I wish i could of been there.Not only does it look like such a good party,everyone is dressed so lovely to boot!Im smitten over your red velvet dress!! Eeep..cant wait to see what goes up in your etsy shop!!!x

A Little Brighter said...

Oh wow! This looks like so much fun and you all are dressed perfectly! I wish I could have gone, but the 8000 miles between the countries got in the way! (I would have snapped up all of your dresses I'm sure)

Ayesha x

Colourful Buttons said...

Look like a great party!

Unknown said...

Your party was so much fun, Ashley! Alex and I both had a wonderful time :) Hope to see you again soon. xoxo Sophi

melina bee said...

wow, so much good hair in one confined area! and clothes, I'd be too excited I think. the lucite heels with hearts remind me of cindarella playtime slippers for adults

Unknown said...

wow!! fabolous photos and dresses!!! :))

http://ilfilodiperlevintage.blogspot.com/

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Looks like so much fun, I wish I could have come. The ladybird collar is awesome! Hope you all had a great time, it certainly looks like it.

Heidi said...

That ladybug collar os to die for and are those beaded bracelet things with animal heads for sale?

Emily Rose said...

ah! it looks like so much fun. so wish i coulda been there. we eed to celebrate the holidays together one year!

Ashley Ording said...

Heidi: yes, they are for sale! You'd have to talk to Nicole (Fashion Forestry) though, she made them!

Sammi said...

Sounds like so much fun! We had RSVP, but it ended up not working out. =(

Starr Crow said...

dear goodness! i love this post Ashley. what fun times!! Christmas + vintage + tons of pretty girls wearing vintage! looks like such a great time. you girls definitely make San Francisco look like a pretty magical place.

Starr Crow said...

P.S. Your dress, oh my gawwwd!!!

Kristin said...

what a lovely party! i wish I was there.

Amber said...

oh how I wish I lived closer. Thats looks like so much fun

Christina Catherine said...

Pretty! I wish I was in the area. Have another one soon!

Annalise said...

Jen and I had a fabulous time at your pop-up shop party! And we were so glad you made it out to the Indie Bazaar today. Let me know what's happening this week. Monday night might not happen for me but I think Tuesday should be fun! XOXO

Lauren said...

Lovely!

Melissa Righero said...

Ugg. I had the best time...And I'm so in love with my new vintage dress. Thanks again lady...I hope it's sooner then later when we meet up again.

Caitlin Shearer said...

beautiful events like this make me yearn for ruby slippers that would transport me across the world and back. you're lucky to have a bunch of friends who are supportive and so interested in vintage.
p.s. merry christmas ashley!

Natasha said...

Great photos! Looks like it was a super fun evening! It's a shame those silver shoes didn't fit you... they are gorgeous xxx

www.fashiondevotion.com

gina said...

What festive holiday wear! Looks like a lot of fun!

Paige said...

soooo fun! i want to try this!

Meggy said...

Aw, thanks for letting me come to your pop-up shop (& for selling me some great stuff, & also for letting me practice my best Paris Hilton face on your blog)! I had a lovely time.