Saturday, September 4, 2010

hotel adventures


dress  vintage
belt  j. crew
shoes  j. crew

One of my favorite things to do is run around the fanciest hotels in San Francisco taking silly photos and ordering crazy drinks from the hotel bars. I blame too many bedtime readings of Eloise as a young girl. The beautiful Fairmont Hotel boasts one of the most amazing bars of all time: The Tonga Room. It's pure kitsch and I couldn't love it more. Francesca and I put on our fancy dresses and indulged in some wonderful tropical concoctions, complete with mini umbrellas. There were old people dancing, a band playing covers of the Bee Gees and the Temptations on a boat in the middle of a small "lake," and enough cheesiness to melt my heart. Tonga forever!

11 comments:

jade said...

this looks like so much fun. have you seen priceless with audrey tautou? these photos remind me of when she is in the hotel bar ordering drink after drink in a beautiful dress!

jade

calivintage said...

dude, that place is hilarious. i had been there once and then my mom recently stayed there on a visit. too much!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

A cocktail in a pineapple? Wargh! That is brilliant, I have ALWAYS wanted to have one of those. You girls look like you are having so much fun :)

Amber said...

Doesnt drinking out of a pineapple make the beverage taste so much better :)

Paige said...

how fun! i had high tea at the fairmont in san francisco once, its lovely. can't wait to check out the tonga room next time i'm in town!

Amanda Bowen said...

Wait, the Tonga Room is still around? I thought they closed it! My brother and I used to love that place as kids because of the fake rain. Looks fun!!

Oh and obviously I love your outfit. Great dress!

Meggstatus said...

You sold me with old people dancing.

Anonymous said...

You girls look so lovely, plus that pineapple drink is hilarious.

Venn said...

lovelyy dress

xoxo

Lauren said...

I love that! I want to adventure with you! And the feeling of the pictures is perfect along with your dress! I love it! Those drinks look so good :)

Lauren
Sparrow & Urchin

stefanietaylor said...

I love the Tonga Room! Before I moved to San Francisco, I stayed at the Fairmont during a trip up here, and fell in love with the place too. After I moved up here, I made it a priority to go back there within a week of being here!

Great pictures. :)