Thursday, September 16, 2010

constant craving


Vintage 1920's dress from Prance and Swagger

I have a problem, and that problem is called Etsy. A problem because I can't stop trolling around on there looking for pretty things, and I often find them and then I need to own them! Ack! My boss thinks I'm a total nut because every so often I'll have six packages arrive all at once. "Oh, just another Etsy Spree," I'll sheepishly explain. Naturally my favorites list is always growing longer and longer, so I thought I might share some of the goodies I've been coveting with you. Please buy them so that I cannot.





Vintage Laverne & Shirley board game from Nick & Nessie's

Ok, don't buy this one... Because I think I might have to. Laverne & Shirley was one of my favorite shows growing up and I'm still inspired by their adorable style. Whenever I wear my 'A' brooch I consider it an homage to Laverne.




Vintage wooden kitten purse from Big Bidding Ballerina

Words cannot really describe how awesome this purse is. Really, all you need to do is stare at it and behold the wonderfulness.


Vintage 1950's velvet headband from The ID Connection

How pretty is this headband? I wish that I wore headpieces more often, but I always feel like I need more of a 'do going on if I'm going to pull it off. And you've seen the photos... my hair almost always looks the same. But this headband would be perfect for me because it wouldn't necessarily require my hair to be doing special things. The model lady's earrings are pretty magical, too.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

I love weird vintage board games, and that purse is just SO much good! I can't even count the hours I've spent trolling Etsy for things I can't afford... I'd probably be depressed if I knew the actual number! >D

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Buff, my own favourites list is long enough... I try and go eliminate things but I never can unless they've sold. Grrr. Beautiful dress at the top.

Amber said...

I have the same problem..i can be on etsy for hours, like I forget to eat, its kinda insane

Melissa Righero said...

You could totally just put your up and boom the head bad would work beautifully. You be Heidi. :)

Mel said...

Haha I can get pretty addicted to Etsy too and pretty much anything else that involves online shopping! That vintage dress is amazing!

sarah said...

i want that game! mostly to know why only 7-14 year olds are the target market...

HAYLEY said...

I have an Etsy addiction as well. It's really bad. My favorites list.......some things have been on there for MONTHS and I'm just so tempted to buy all these things it's so much easier to spend money when it's dispersed electronically.....

Oh, Etsy. Torture.

http://threadbearer.blogspot.com