Saturday, October 4, 2014

a new bedroom


photos by Darcy Rogers
dress by To Be Adored

It's funny how many wonderful people I have met through the internet, sometimes I forget that some of my closest friends and favorite collaborators are ones that I first communicated with via Myspace, or Friendster, or blog comments. Darcy Rogers and I met via the internet years ago and we have managed to meet up for a photo shoot a few times each year. We both hail from Northern California but are enjoying life on the East Coast (crazy winters and all). It was especially fun to collaborate on a shoot this time around because I am just settling into my new apartment (shared with my boyfriend of almost two years) and it was the perfect opportunity to document the process. Darcy observed that wherever I live I tend to pick a spot with a lot of natural light flooding in, and although I had never actively thought about this, she is completely right. I still have some work to do before I feel like this apartment is "done," but I love that Darcy was able to capture things as they are right now, natural light and all.












9 comments:

Dulcie said...

What an absolutely gorgeous room! I love everything about it and now desperately need to make over my own tiny, dingy tip of a bedroom! Lovely to see you blogging regularly again, makes me realise how much I have missed it! Dulcie xx

www.humanseavintage.com

Sarah said...

Beautiful girl, dress, and bedroom :)

Madison said...

I love the pictures, room, dress, EVERYTHING!!!! I have always loved how you decorated your apartments, and I love how they are always so crisp and bright. I recently redid my room to be all white with white furniture, and it definitely brightens thing up:)

Lucy in the Sky said...

Very nice pictures and you have such beautiful natural lighting in your room. I am envious!

Jeanne said...

very cute dress!
XO
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

Christina Catherine said...

I was just going to say, the light is gorgeous! (and so are you, heh heh).

Melodie said...

Love love love your decoration! So pretty and cheerful, full of charm, and i adore all the little vintage touch you added, beautiful!
xoxo
Melodie
http://www.sevenlivesandmore.com/

Klara said...

Oh wow, that is so pretty and cozy and I would love to have a space similar to this at my own house. I especially love the hats over the mirror, they are just so cute. Btw., mirror in the room is one dream of mine that just never seems to go live.

Girl in the Houndstooth Coat said...

This looks like heaven!!!! Beautiful dress, room, and photos!

Xx from the Girl in the Houndstooth Coat