Tuesday, June 17, 2014

a floral collection


I am forever collecting vintage millinery flowers, wherever I can find them. The two on the right were dug out of an old hat box at the Golden Nugget Flea in Lambertville, NJ, and the lovely specimen on the left was found at the Alameda Flea Market back home. I have a pretty decently sized pile of these now and I usually try to leave them scattered about on my vanity so that I can admire them. There is something about the fading colors and frayed edges that draws me in.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty flowers :3

x Angela
www.bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love vintage millinery flowers too! The colours and materials are always so lovely. There's an amazing shop near where I live that is half a museum and half still produces these millinery flowers using huge old machines that press the flowers out using sharp metal stamps, it's really something! If you're ever in Hastings in the South East of England you should check it out! X

Katie Frank said...

what a beautiful collection! sometimes i stick flowers into my diary or send to friends in letters :)
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Kimberly June said...

Just precious.