Sunday, March 23, 2014

vintage lockets



A few of my favorite vintage lockets. These days I hardly wear any jewelry except for the odd necklace or ring, but I keep collecting pieces anyways. I'm usually drawn to pieces that are either delicate and feminine (like the necklaces above), or things that are crazy and oversized and loud (and sometimes food related). There isn't much in between that interests me at the moment. The black locket on the right has a photo of some strange man inside it, something I tore out of a magazine and wedged in there so that when people inevitably ask me if I have any photos inside I can open it and tell some wild tale about this guy I don't even know. That is, until I finally admit it's all for comedy.

4 comments:

Sara Downton said...

I love lockets, although I've never actually owned one! Also think it's hilarious to spin a story about a man you don't know inside it, haha!

Lucy in the Sky said...

What beautiful lockets! The story about the black one actually made me laugh - it sounds exactly like something that I would do!

Whimsy and Noir said...

So lovely! I'm especially lusting after that cameo one. So gorgeous. I'm the same way when it comes to jewelry these days. I love oversized rings and have a few neat ones, but I never wear them ;) I have a locket without a photo in it.. maybe I'll steal your idea of using a random dude from a magazine, haha.

she. said...

These are all really pretty.