Monday, May 13, 2013

scraggly


blouse  vintage
hair  needs a brush

This is the current state of my hair: long, tangled, and extra scraggly at the ends. I guess this is not so much the current state as it is the usual. I treated myself to a fancy Mason Pearson brush not too long ago and I've definitely started to use this on a regular basis, but even so my hair still has a mind of its own. No matter how often I brush it out it still twists and turns into this funny, tousled state. There is usually one tiny dreadlock underneath, always in the same exact spot, a result of twisting my hair up into a knot when I'm sick of wearing it down. I keep pondering a semi-drastic change but at the end of the day I feel so tied to my hair in its natural state, despite the imperfection. We'll see if I work up the nerve to go for something different...

13 comments:

Extra Solar said...

you'd look so cute with a little bob!

Helen Le Caplain said...

I think it looks lovely... though as the owner of a barnet that won't behave itself, I can understand what you mean!

www.mancunianvintage.com

Unknown said...

I have almost the exact same hair as you! Only I have more curls at the bottom, which is why I can't really brush it because then it looks super weird. But I also have this big dreadlocky effect. So I have to just brush that part. I end up combing it through when I wash it, which takes about 20 minutes before it's completely untangled. It's torture, but I agree with you: it's worth it because our hair sets us apart from others;)

Richelle Lynn Garn said...

Well, I think it's just beautiful! I love my long hair. I have cut it off, cut it short and I love it long. It sure is a love/hate relationship but I wouldn't change it. You have such pretty locks.

Love, Richelle from Lynn + Lou

The Great Willow Tree said...

Your hair is beautiful! I wish my hair was a bit more into being wild, but it just hangs straight down, always...
But I guess we always want something we don't have, especially in the hair department.

Lotta Losten said...

My hair is doing the same thing right now!
I realised a few years ago though that the less i comb or brush my hair, the better it gets. I get a lot less dread locks and tangles when I only brush my hair a few times a week. Weird. My theory is that it's got something to do with static electricity.
Or maybe I just like being lazy and find excuses...

Amy said...

I always get a tiny dreadlock, too. Right at the back of my hair where it rubs on my shirt. If I wear a scarf, the whole underside will be a knotted mess by the end of the day. Yay, long hair!

Naomi said...

I think you hair is pretty :)

The Occasional Indulgence

Sabina said...

I think your hair looks good as is, though you would probably also look great in a bob. Newer bob styles look good straight or wavy.

Katie Frank said...

Your hair is awesome, but I know people need changes. I also had long hair but I cut them and I do not regret this :)

http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

Ooooh, I love your hair. You'll look great no matter what you do with your hair. Maybe try shoulder-length?

Kate from Clear the Way

Juliette Laura said...

That imperfection is what makes you perfect! Love it.

xoxo
Juliette Laura
juliettelaura.blogspot.com

Ms. Falcon said...

this dress is so fab!