Wednesday, March 6, 2013

newly acquired


I don't think that I will ever, ever stop collecting vintage. Whether it's a perfect 1960's party dress, a slightly tattered beaded pouch, or some strange brooch, I just can't get enough. An addiction? Quite possibly, but there are worse things to be addicted to! These bits and pieces were found at a flea market in Philadelphia and a vintage shop in St. Augustine. It's fun for me to hunt for things on this side of the country, things I may not have ever found otherwise. Although I do sometimes wonder what magical things I'm missing out on back in the Bay Area. Fortunately I will have an entire day this weekend to poke around all my old haunts in San Francisco before I head off to Maui for a much needed vacation. I'll be sure to share my finds with you!


A pretty silk ascot and a hilariously strange duo of photos (I love that someone stuck a dog polaroid in there).


A funny little 1950's floral hat I found in St. Augustine, Florida.

A tiny mirror with googly eyes and glitter eyebrows? I'll take it.

10 comments:

Nancy Wilde said...

Such adorable purchases! I love that floral hat, it's very picnic-esque.

nancywilde.blogspot.com

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

It's always fun to see what different cities have to offer in the vintage and thrifting department! I like it when I come across something I think I probably wouldn't have found anywhere at home!

-Katie

Unknown said...

I hope your obsession never ends because I love seeing what you've found! That little mirror is the best thing I've seen all week.

Katie Frank said...

These stuff are amazing ! It's even hard to choose one favourite *_*
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

hallo ibun said...

oh, all of stuff are amazing..

http://ristlicious.blogspot.com/

Roxanne Rosensteel said...

You always find the best little pieces! I hope you have a super fun and safe trip : )

PS Max and I just finished twin peaks and oh the emotions! Anger, devastation... and that movie was no consolation. A girl just needs some closure with a show that good! haha

Extra Solar said...

that mirror! i love it!!!

Wear The Canvas said...

My goodness! That mirror is to die for!

Unknown said...

The googly eyes and curly cue hair makes that mirror super hilarious! Looks like a baby drag queen. Love it!

pippiloo said...

Ha! I love that photo pairing. Just right!

-Emma from littlemotley.blogspot.com