Wednesday, January 16, 2013

fancy pants

photos by Darcy Rogers

cardigan  anthropologie
blouse  anthropologie
short necklace  the vamoose
long necklace  anthropologie
tote  vintage from omnia vintage
heels  anthropologie

Working for Anthropologie has many lovely perks, and one of them is being able to see all the beautiful clothing and accessories many months before they are actually available to purchase. When I first caught glimpse of the adorable Charlie Trousers I knew they were destined to be a brand favorite but assumed they'd never make it anywhere near my own closet. Because, as you know, I hardly ever wear pants. So when I was given the challenge of styling the Charlie Trousers in my own way I was hesitant at first but now I'm completely smitten! They come in all sorts of fun prints and colors, but this grey brocade version is my favorite by far. I love the gamine, Audrey Hepburn-style cut and the fact that they are nice and stretchy (without being tooooo stretchy). They strike the perfect balance between feminine and tomboy and look perfectly perfect paired with my usual layers of vintage lace and frills. Perhaps I could be an occasional pants wearer after all? Hey, anything that elicits such positive comments about my bum must be alright.

Take a peek at a fun feature (I created the outfits for) here, and check back soon for another outfit inspired by the Charlie Trousers in a beautiful navy floral print!


















24 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love these pants on you. The way you styled them is so fresh, and quirky. You're one of my biggest style inspirations, and think you're kind of the coolest. Happy Wednesday!

Valerie said...

I love your entire outfit. I think the pants complement your top perfectly. Love everything that's going on here! You look gorgeous.

Valerie

Anonymous said...

really fancy pants! :)

Irene Wibowo

Anonymous said...

I came onto your blog/shop to research you and your shop more (for your interview) and I lost track when I saw your photos. What an amazing outfit. An I know exactly where you are too - Chestnut Street! You and your outfit rock!

Anonymous said...

LOVE you in pants! They look so cute with the lace shirt but still so you! Can't wait to see the other version!

Naomi said...

Very nice! And your curls are so springy!

The Occasional Indulgence

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Super adorbs look..I love love the top.

Camille said...

You definitely shouldn't be afraid of wearing pants, they (and these!) look great on you.

As a bit of an odd aside, I browsing on etsy the other day and came across a dress that reminds me so much of you I have to send you the link (I'm not the seller or anything like that, it just REALLY reminded me of you): http://www.etsy.com/listing/117174128/vintage-1960s-champagne-party-dress?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=drop+waist+metallic+dress+1960s&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=CA&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=drop+waist+metallic+dress+1960s

Christina Catherine said...

Yeeeeah need more shots of that butt! Love the heels, too. Very Carven-ish. I've started buying all sorts of vintage army/navy pants and workwear pieces... I'll have to debut my "other" self on the blog soon.

You look beautiful. I hope you're well. I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but Sterling and I are thinking of an east coast trip for spring break (!)

Becky said...

Those trousers are amazing! I love the print!

Becky
xx

Judy said...

The pants truly are adorable, and I think they look great on you. You really should wear pants more often. I think you carry them well, and they fit in with your style perfectly.

dom.the.mom said...

I think you styled the trousers adorably! It's a change up from your frocks, definetely, but it still oozes your vintage femme touch! Love the print so, so much.

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! It's not often that you're in pants, but you can most definitely pull them off!

Aubrey and Melissa said...

Just found your blog and it is seriously so cute! We were looking through recent posts and you have amazing style and photos. The pants in this post is amazing!

LyddieGal said...

this is such an adorable mix and great printed pants inspiration!
Chic on the Cheap

Ali W. said...

I love this outfit! And those shoes...I am obsessed. You have the best style. I wish you could be my own personal stylist! You are so talented.

The Blue Curtain said...

Perfect! Love the pants!!

Www.thebluecurtain.blogspot.com

Simonas street said...

Love, love, love the pants! I don't usually wear pant either but today I'm actually wearing printed pants in lilac and mustard yellow!

XO,

Simona

Helga said...

Your bum really does look great. Those are keepers!X

Katie Frank said...

you look stunning, i really like the way you put these shoes with these pants together. you look like a lil women it's amazing, love it.

Elizabeth Daisy. said...

You look delightful darling, I love your style and what a lovely blog you have, so glad I've discovered it! You've darling hair also!

Eda ♥

Unknown said...

Love your pants and top! Amazing :)

Unknown said...

unbelievably adorable! and yes, your bun deserves some attention in those pants....yeow! :)

xxx
Lady à la Mode

Adelia said...

we had the same thoughts, same clothes.. scare me..