Tuesday, December 18, 2012

pale yellow




photos by Darcy Rogers

vest  vintage
dress  vintage
belt  vintage
shoes  vintage

A bit of pale yellow and gold with bits of sparkle all over, always a favorite combo. This particular ensemble was thrown on with complete disregard for the gross weather outside, purely for the purpose of dancing about my apartment. People often ask me if I secretly wear sweatpants at home since I'm otherwise quite dressed up, and I love seeing the look on their faces when I tell them no and admitting that I don't even own sweatpants. Usually I can be found in a floor length pink satin robe circa the 1960's that is trimmed with pretty lace ruffles. Which probably isn't shocking, right? Maybe only to the dude that delivers my favorite Indian food...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! And the fact that you don't own sweatpants. Wish I didn't find mine so comfy! Maybe I should try a frilly 60s robe...

x Elena @ Randomly Happy

Britney @ Scout and Company said...

Oh Ashley! You are so cute and funny! I adore this outfit. Pale yellow and a bit of sparkle. It sounds like a dream! So perfect for the current festivities!! I love this post with the sweet little story!
Britney
http://lemonwoodandhoney.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love your apartment, style and gorg velvet couch - you remind me of a budding Carrie in Sex in the City - but way funkier and sweeter. :) I think it's admirable that you always dress up - the western world has become a sweat pants/yoga gear sort of culture, and often I yearn for the days when women would go out in gloves, and men in hats. I find France, and no doubt parts of Europe, more dressy, but the again French women always look imossibly chic, even if they are slightly deshabille!

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

So pretty, love the gold shoes :)

rachaelannep said...

wow, cute apartment! i need to photography helper! arg!

goodbadandfab said...

Just lovely! =)

www.goodbadandfab.com
personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!