Thursday, September 13, 2012

the brimfield flea


Last weekend was one of the best weekends ever because I finally got to experience the Brimfield Antique Show. I drove up with three girls that I met at work and after hours in the car and several fast food stops we found ourselves at the beginning of the longest line of tents I've ever seen. Tents for miles. We were there for two days and I think we only managed to see 30% of everything, but oh the bit we did see was beyond amazing! I found a pile of clothes (including one 1960's gold sequined two piece suit that I still cannot believe I own, a tulle 1950's party skirt, and a silk 1930's jacket), some large prints of 1950's food photography, and many random trinkets. I came home covered in dust and slightly pink from the sun but completely satisfied with my first Brimfield adventure.



I tend to buy anything that makes me laugh. And this makes me laugh.








The prettiest, most delicate row of dresses. I lingered here for many minutes admiring them!


I'm such a sucker for anything jadite, I have a small collection that is slowly but surely growing.




Freshly made apple cider donuts, hands down the most delicious treat I've ever eaten.

16 comments:

Naomi said...

What an awesome flea market! Those masks are a riot!

Babes in Thriftland said...

Wow, looks and sounds amazing! I LOVE apple cider doughnuts. Every year, I have to get them at the apple orchard :)

Michelle said...

Boy oh gosh I wish I could have been there. It kinda sounds like heaven.

Unknown said...

I love so much your pics! All are so cute.

xoxo

http://godsavesfashion.blogspot.com.es/

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! looks and sounds like an amazing time! 2 days?! I would go nutty!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Joy said...

Super cute finds!

Rebecca Jane said...

This place seriously sounds like a dreamworld of antique/vintage goodness. Totally google mapped it and it's only a 10 hour drive so it will definitely be on my 2013 to-do list!

One thing: I think we need to see that (sounds like a) stunner of a gold sequin suit - it sounds beyond great.

Becky said...

Oh man, why can't this be closer? It looks amazing! The flamingoes are ridiculously cute!

Becky
xx

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Choc full of gorgeousness! I am so crazy about dance shoes. Dance anything, really.

Pats to Donut.

islabell said...

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Katie Frank said...

this is so inspiring post <3 so many awesome photos and stuff <3

http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

Wear The Canvas said...

This looks amazing!!! So much cool stuff in all of your pictures.

Anonymous said...

girl, you are a thrifting whore! First in New Hope and now in Brimfield. Free People just published a post about this flea market and I'm so jealous that you had the chance to go! Thank goodness you're not my roommate because I'd probably steal all your finds, even if it would be very obvious that I was the thief!

Anonymous said...

damn, those shoes look fine! I really want to see an American flea market one day..

lola said...

Everything looks fantastic ... I love it!x

Ms. Falcon said...

awesome pictures ... love flea markets.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de