Friday, August 10, 2012

guest post: jennifer of sally jane vintage


I'm pleased to share another beautiful guest post, this one from the ridiculously stylish Jennifer of Sally Jane Vintage. Hers was one of the first style blogs I started reading regularly and I've been a huge fan of her impeccable vintage collection ever since. I even wrote her a love note of sorts shortly after starting Fancy Fine, basically my nerdy way of thanking her for being so inspiring to me. I'm happy to be living in the same state as Jennifer because it means we can finally meet up for some vintage hunting!


(wearing: 60s lace shorts & top from Hinesite Vintage, Anthropologie sunglasses, 70s jute market tote, 80s Etienne Aigner flats, Julie Nolan zodiac bracelet)

Hi y’all!  It’s Jennifer here from Sally Jane Vintage filling in for Ashley while she settles in from her cross country move.  That’s one thing I have in common with Ashley after my moves from Alabama to California and from California to Pennsylvania.  I’m so glad Ashley is joining the state of PA since that’s bound to mean finally meeting her in 3D after a couple of years of knowing each other through these here interwebs. 
 
My post today is highlighting another thing Ashley and I have in common and that’s a true love of all things vintage.  I’m spotlighting my very favorite vintage shop in Lancaster today A) so you can have a little peek into this magical vintage world and B) as a not-so-subtle ploy to tempt Ashley into making the trek to Lancaster to see it all for herself (ed. note: totally worked!).  So I put on my most Fancy Fine outfit and headed downtown to snap some photos for you to see. 
 
The shop, Hinesite, is within walking distance of my house which is a dangerous thing for my free time and my wallet.  In my travels I’ve been in vintage shops from Los Angeles to New York, from London to Amsterdam and I’m proud to say that the little town of Lancaster houses one of the best vintage shops I’ve ever seen.  It’s full to the brim with vintage dresses, shoes, bags, jewelry and odds & ends.  I looked through my closet and I can tell you that I have thirteen dresses, three blouses, two jackets and a pair of pant from Hinesite and that’s not counting the winter clothes I have stored in the attic.  Yikes!  After snapping these photos I managed to walk out empty handed, which is a rarity, but I already have a mental list of things to go back and check out; a collection of early 80s new-wave tour t-shirts, a Victorian era chain belt, a 30s silk jumpsuit in the most amazing abstract print and the piles of vintage textiles stacked to the ceiling. 















10 comments:

Tinacious Me said...

what a neat place!
TINACIOUS ME

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! One of my favorite stores in Santa Cruz is Love Me Two Times and Moon Zoom :)



<3

A Wild Tonic said...

I love Lancaster! What a great shop. Those shoes in the last photo are incredible.

Katie Frank said...

oh wow those pictures are just amazing<3 love them!!! <3 you look adorable just like usual :3
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Naomi said...

I can't believe I didn't know about this unbelievable shop! I must explore it... now!

www.theoccasionalindulgence.blogspot.com

lola said...

Beautiful items!A true vintage jungle! xx

This is LN said...

Perfect ! I love it & your blog is great ! Following you now, would love for you to check out my blog and follow back if you like it !
http://www.thisisln.com/2012/08/awang-sequins.html
Hélène
http://www.thisisln.com

Anonymous said...

lovely place.. ahh i want go to there.. :)
Irene Wibowo

Sarah Dee said...

It looks like such an amazing place!

xoxo Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

vintagevixenarts said...

Oh glorious vintage sensory overload!:)