Monday, August 13, 2012

guest post: aimee & harriett of bright young twins


Here is a final guest post from one of my favorite blogging duos, Aimee and Harriett of Bright Young Twins. I stumbled upon their beautiful blog quite recently and I found myself going back through the entire archive to see every photo because I was so inspired by their head-to-toe vintage style. These girls are too lovely to be true and their 1910's meets 1920's meets 1930's meets a-dash-of-everything-else makes me swoon every time. If I could see their outfits every single day for the rest of my years I would be a happy lady!


Hello there fabulous, we're Aimee and Harriett and we write a blog called Bright Young Twins together. We blog about our lives, clothes and friends with a handful of bitterness and a heathy amount of swearing. When lovely Ashely asked us to blog with the theme of 'Fancy Fine' we had to put our thinking caps on. We're so grateful for what we have but we live in the rather humble surroundings of East London so 'fancy' is not really a word that describes us, contrary to popular belief!

Fortunately my twenty-first Birthday was just around the corner. I'm not really one for fuss or parties so Harriett, our close friend Erika along with my boyfriend Sam accompanied me to Columbia Road Flower Market and the pub. What's fancier than cider and flowers?

Harriett (above) wears:
Edwardian underdress - Spitalfields Market
Nineteen-sixties shirt (worn underneath) - Anna Bo
Nineteen-sixties crocheted cardigan - Charity shop
Edwardian collar - Spitalfields Market
Vintage Lace up boots - Charity Shop
Socks - Primark
Jewellery - Various charity shops



Aimee wears:
Nineteen-twenties kimono - Flea market in Berlin
Nineteen-forties slip - Beyond Retro (Borrowed from Harriett)
Nineteen-twenties Lapis Lazuli necklace - Graduation Present
Fashionable leprosy Tights - Primark
Vintage faux lizard skin Shoes - Anna Bo
Bangles - Anna Bo



Erika wears:
Nineteen-seventies dress - Anna Bo
Converse





Me and Sam

Those guys bought me so many flowers that I struggled to carry them home! I had an amazing day, the only thing that could have made it better was to have had some missing friends here that are currently away from us.



I'm so lucky to have such banging mates!

STAY COOL KITTENS!
Aimee and Harriett
xxx

13 comments:

Sarah Dee said...

You ladies have amazing style! I am always in awe of groups of vintage loving friends! I'm the odd duck in my group that dresses in vintage all the time. ;)

xoxo Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

really lovely photos, going to check out the whole blog <3



The Flight of Fancy

Fifties Darling said...

Oh yes, have been a follower for a while now and I'm always so inspired by those beauties (L) great guest post!

Unknown said...

All three of you look absolutely beautiful (as always). Aimee that Kimono is just so gorgeous cant wait to see it in person. You and Sam are quite the handsome pair <3
Lovely post ladies. xxx

Babes in Thriftland said...

I love their blog. Such cool and unique style that they pull off so well. Can't wait until you come back, I hope you are enjoying your new home!

Yours Truly, x said...

'Fashionable leprosy tights'...Oh Aimee I love you! :-D xxx

Aimée / The Lost Girl said...

I love these fabulous ladies! I am so glad Aimee and Harriett have been featured as I love their blog so much!!


Aimée xxx
http://wehaveobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos from Some of my favourite blogging ladies! The flowers look gorgeous and that kimono! Love <3 xx

Clo said...

Wow they are so inspiring !!! :)
Clo

Anonymous said...

these ladies are amazing, thanks for posting!

blue roses said...

a cup of cider and arms bursting with flowers sounds like a delightful birthday!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

lola said...

yOU ALL LOOK SO PRETTY! I LOVE THAT KIMONO, BEAUTIFUL...

Sara ~Snövits äpple~ said...

A beautiful blog post I think; those outfits are amazing. Bright Young Twins is one of my favourite blogs.