Wednesday, June 13, 2012

vintage paradise


While in Reno last weekend I had the (extremely amazing) pleasure of digging through the massive vintage collection of a woman who was ready to sell everything. A dream come true, really. I arrived with Jen, Annalise, Isla, and several other girls and we were completely unprepared for the crazy amount of vintage this woman had stashed away. A large shed and a living room were packed corner to corner with beautiful things from every era. We gasped, we squealed, we made giant piles of our favorite things, we gasped some more. I had to keep pinching myself because it seemed too good to be true! We all left with huge garbage bags filled with goodies, mine stuffed with 1960's dresses, 1920's lace collars, a gingham ruffle crop top, and the cutest 1940's two-piece summer outfit. I think we only saw the tip of the iceberg and I'm already dying to go back.

My crazy gold purse on top of a massive vintage pile.



Two twin poodles kept us company while we pawed through the heavenly mess.



Two of the things I bought: a gorgeous lace collar and a gingham ruffled crop top.


Only a small portion of what we looked through... it took us five hours!




20 comments:

Fashion Faux Pas said...

OMG how I wish I could go there!!!! I can glimpse so many lovely things!
http://fashionfauxpas-mintjulep.blogspot.com

Wear The Canvas said...

wow! Sounds awesome. I bet you found so many amazing pieces!

Sarah Dee said...

That is literally a dream of mine! I am filled with all sorts of awe and jealousy! SO AMAZING! If you don't mind me asking.. how much was she charging?

♥Sarah♥
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Vintage Hippo said...

What a dream! Oh man, you must have saved a boat of kittens in a past life to get that fabulous karma thrown your way.

Candice Clark said...

Awwwwwwe lucky duck!!!

Sandra said...

Looks like heaven!

The Braided Bandit said...

This sounds so good! I cannot wait to see that gingham crop top in action!

Christy said...

What a dream come true! I'm pretty sure the entire vintage-loving community is dripping with jealousy right now. (Of course, the opportunity couldn't have presented itself to a lovelier group of ladies!) The dress in the first photo, with the metallic dots--is that something that you brought home with you / that might be available for purchase in your shop at some point? (It's kind of calling my name...)

Babes in Thriftland said...

What a dream come true! I wish I had luck like that. Sounds so fun!

Jenny said...

Let's go back!!! xoxoxoxo See you on Friday!

Unknown said...

Lucckkkyyyyyyy!

Jeane M. said...

I love all these vintage in your photos. Got really smitten by those lovely dress and laces.

Lydia said...

I was literally gasping as I read this entry!!! That literally seems like a dream, very happy that a lovely bunch of ladies picked up on such a hidden treasure. I can't wait to see everything you discovered!

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Wow wow wow - it sounds like a dream! I am so envious! Five hours of vintage sounds like the best ever <3

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

Unknown said...

can I come next time?! my god!!! so jealous.. this looks amazing!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

archives vintage said...

oh my GAH! so incredibly jealous! i'm headed out that way in december and can only hope to stumble upon a bounty with a fraction of that awesomeness!

Leah said...

How lucky! What a stash!

Becky said...

Wow, that is absolutely amazing!

Becky
xx

http://www.beckybedbug.com

Emily Rose said...

HOLY CRAP!!!!

bex said...

Whoa! How do you get in touch with her? I'll probably be passing through Reno this summer.