Thursday, December 29, 2011

audrey grace: a dream boutique


Audrey Grace is a dream store for ladies like myself who live for ruffles, lace and all things feminine. The lovely proprietress, Jaclyn, opened Audrey Grace as a pop-up shop in Jackson, MS and filled it to the brim with the loveliest clothing, accessories and art from some of my favorites: Alexandra Grecco, Fieldguided, Nadinoo, Kelsey Genna, Silent Sundays and so many more. I even contributed a few pretty vintage pieces from Fancy Fine Vintage. If you're in the area you must stop by and drink in all the lovelieness. And if you're far, far away like me you can dream about the day when Jaclyn opens a permanent shop, hopefully online! She was kind enough to answer a few questions about the Audrey Grace Boutique below.

Who is the Audrey Grace girl?

Someone who loves fashion, discovering new designers, collects fashion and art and reads Lula magazine! 

What inspired you to open a pop-up shop?

I thought it was a great idea to test out the market.  I have visited some beautiful pop up shops before, such as the Elizabeth Lau shop in London and The Loved One pop up store in New York. 

Do you have plans to do something more permanent with Audrey Grace?

Perhaps an online store? I hopefully do! I'm in the process of setting up an online shop. And I hope to do something with Audrey Grace in New York soon.

What movies and books have inspired you the most sartorially?

Marie Antoinette directed by Sofia Coppola, The Virgin Suicides, I Capture The Castle, My Week With Marilyn, The Great Gatsby, Picnic at Hanging Rock, I love visually stunning films! I haven't read as much as I'd like to recently, but I read alot of magazines. And my favorite photographer is Tim Walker.

You can visit the Audrey Grace Boutique blog here and read my own interview here!


Jaclyn wearing a Fancy Fine Vintage lace jacket.


Jaclyn at the pop-up shop's grand opening.




Above & below: a few pieces from Fancy Fine Vintage for sale in the shop.


Audrey Grace Boutique
Suite 900
Lakeland Square Plaza
1000 Lakeland Square Extension
Jackson MS 39232
 

12 comments:

Marie said...

what lovlies, the colors of those dresses- so sweet!
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
I'm having a giveaway...

Q's Daydream said...

Love.

Jessa said...

WOOOOWWW... it's like heaven! I hope this what I see when the light comes! Agh... I wish I were closer! My hubby and our bank account would probably disagree!

Love & Lollies... Jessa

Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

Miki said...

I would so love to go through all those clothes!

Phara said...

Oh, the store looks gorgeous, all those pretty dresses!!
X

MissKait said...

omg so amazing. loving all of the pastel colors. and the vintage stuff looks so wonderful.
wish it was all mine

xoxo katlin
kaitgirl

Julia Topaz said...

oh my god, that looks like the most wonderful place on Earth.

My said...

lovely! Wish I could visit!

june said...

OMG, it's a great store! Hope she will open an online one 'cause Venice is a little bit far to come for a visit. Ciao!

Lydia said...

Lula and a love of Tim Walker?!?
She's a dream! So is that pop-up shop, I wish I could visit.

Lovely to meet more wonderful frill loving ladies :)

Anonymous said...

Looks my kind of vintage shop ~ the colour palate is perfect. It's just a shame that its not very close to home. Well at least I can admire her lovely blog!

Angelica said...

Your blog is fantastic! I loooove every single post:D
Hugs and kisses