Wednesday, November 30, 2011

young girl get out of my mind








Photos by Joshua!

coat  vintage
dress  1960's vintage from bohemian bisoux
tights  j. crew
shoes  vintage

I sometimes try to imagine myself 20, 30, 40 years from now (a habit that I'm sure everyone has at least occasionally) and I always wonder mostly about Future Ashley's wardrobe. Will I still be running about in lace dresses with giant peter pan collars and colorful tights? All signs definitely point to yes. I've always hated the concept of "age appropriate" dressing, mostly because that does not leave me room to dress like a kid sometimes. And we all need to dress like kids every once in a while... if only to remind us that getting dressed in the morning can be silly in the best possible way.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe i think about this too. who says we have to dress like big kids??

<3 steffy
http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i love your dress. :) irene wibowo

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

I am completely keen for giant pan collars in twenty years! Just know that you won't be the only one! <3

x
Lost in the Haze

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

I love how you always make the everyday look like an adventure. The first photo is perfection and the movie theatre concession stand image is amusing in the best way. Was no one else around in the theatre? :)

Frannie Pantz said...

I totally agree! I think it's all about how it makes you feel. And you look great in this! Love the pretty lace and great colored tights!

Annalise said...

Is this the Metreon? I totally love the picture of you sitting on the treats counter. You and soft serve just go together so well.
XOXO

Zane said...

wonderful dress and you styled it perfectly

Rebeccak said...

I was just having a conversation about this today as one of my Boss's had a birthday and there is no way I could even BEGIN to guess her age. She must be 50+ - but she dresses so brilliantly it is so difficult to tell how much +. It is all about personality!

Kailey said...

What ever that oversized fake ice cream is exactly, I have decided I need it ;3

dom.the.mom said...

You look super cute. And if you plan like dressing like this when you hit the Golden Years, you're going to look absolutely gorgeous. Go for it! :] *new follower