Wednesday, June 29, 2011

new and blue


This pretty blue vintage dress reminds me of a jellyfish, which is exactly why I pounced on it when I saw it hanging in a shop window. I'm completely smitten with the many ruffled layers and pale color. My dress closet (yes, you read that correctly... a whole closet of just dresses) is getting rather packed so I've started hanging the newly acquired ones around my room. I'm not sure if it's looking too crazy in there yet but I do enjoy admiring such pretty things all in a row.

I've been planning some exciting adventures lately. First up is a trip to Reno this weekend for some thrift store hopping, swimming pool antics, and a much-needed heat wave. In a few weeks I'm finally going to Los Angeles, partly on a buying trip for my shop and partly for fun, after months of plans being made and then ruined at the last minute. So Southern Cali ladies, let me know if you want to meet up for champagne and girl talk! I'm also hoping to take a little weekend jaunt to Portland sometime in August. And lastly, the most exciting trip of all: New York in September (6th - 13th) for Fashion Week. I know I already mentioned it but I'm too toooo excited. I've been going a bit stir crazy lately so I'm looking forward to getting out of town and making new friends along the way.

10 comments:

Emily Rose said...

holy crap! you got a lot going on this summer! the reno trip sounds fun! i really can not wait for september! are there things you are invited to/going to in particular? or just gonna be in town for the festivities. it will be fun to have a whole gaggle of us going out together for it!

Oni said...

im in long beach (a ahort metro ride south) and i know all the best karaoke places. or if youre interested theres the fidm museum and the great exhibits(tim burton!)

Unknown said...

that dress is so pretty!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Tayler Worrell said...

its so gorgeous!!! definitely want to see the whole thing in the future!

www.STYLEINTERPLAY.com

Annalise said...

I'm so jealous of all your fun travels. I wish I could get the time off of work but we always seem to be so busy. The jellyfish dress is super pretty, I hope you have a fun occasion to wear it. Encore perhaps?
XOXO

Rebeccak said...

Oh wow! Busy bee! Hey I am heading to SF at the end of August - 16th to 24th. Will you be in town then?

Crystal Lee said...

Let me know when you are in town & I will show you some good shit.

Unknown said...

wow that dress is beautiful... does look like a jelly fish! I am super jel of all of your adventures coming up... at least S.F. will have some hot weather these next few days :)

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Emma Litton said...

That dress is so lovely. I totally understand about the packed closet. Ohh, it sounds like lots of fun trips for you in the future.

xo,
Em

Melike said...

I love the color of that dress! I have a fuschia shirt with similar sleeves.
Hey it'd be cool to meet you when you're down in L.A... I'd wear a vintage dress my grandma had sewn for herself, just for you! I'm karaoke-shy, though, so perhaps I'd join a different activity.