Friday, April 22, 2011

navy + lavender










cardigan  vintage
blouse  thrifted
skirt  vintage
shoes  vintage ferragamo

There are certain colors I never gravitate towards clothing-wise and purple is definitely one of them. I like it just fine as a color but I've never been drawn to purple clothing. That is, until I laid eyes on this lovely lavender hued skirt. It stands out in my wardrobe of navy, cream, beige and rust but it was too pretty to pass up. It pairs rather well with this funny navy blouse that I dug up at a thrift store (and will probably put in the shop soon) and a beautiful white vintage 1940's bag from one of my favorite shops, Dear Golden Vintage. Now, does anyone want to come over and give me a bang trim so I don't look so darn scruffy anymore?

13 comments:

Marie My said...

I like that you do purple dress with dark purple shirt, it's really cute!

love, marie my from www.nemesisbabe.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

This colour combination is gorgeous, I'd never have thought of navy and lavendar. Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

your purple top is AMAZING and i love the skirt! the violet is such a pretty color scheme :)

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Amelia said...

oh! i love this color combo. so beautiful, i don't think i've seen these two colors put together

Cat said...

Wow, that lilac colour looks amazing on you! x

http://www.takecourageblog.com/

Maria Ramona said...

I'm loving your hair in that side braid/knot you've got going on -- I am in serious need of a bang trim right now too. thanks for the "perfect hair" compliment btw-- if you could only see it on a day I don't blow-dry (scary!).

p.s. purple is a great color on you!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

This is really sweet! I love the dark and light purples together.

Natalie-Jean said...

You're my fashion heroine.

Anonymous said...

Love these photos! The background is really fun.

Anonymous said...

Adorable outfit! Love it very much. The colors look good on you! XX

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

Love the navy & purple combo... purple was my favorite colour as a kid and sadly I don't have a lot of it in my warddrobe!

I'm envious of your little flower market too, it's still a little cold here for farmer's markets.

Zelina Garza said...

that color looks amazing on you

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

What a beautiful skirt! Love the colors!