Wednesday, December 29, 2010

new favorite shoes


I only received a few gifts for Christmas this year but they were quite magical ones. Victor set the bar way too high for any future gift giving on my part by giving me a new MacBook. It's my first Mac and the first computer I've ever owned that isn't a hand-me-down and covered in someone else's lame stickers. I also bought myself a few Christmas gifts, including these dreamy vintage Ferragamo flats. I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them on Etsy. The color, the mix of suede and leather, the oxford styling... I couldn't have conjured up a more beautiful shoe! 

I went home (to Santa Rosa) to visit my family over the holiday and I couldn't leave without hitting up my favorite vintage stores from my youth. I left with a beautiful navy blue silk wrap dress, a purple satin polka-dotted romper (a cross between Lolita and Disco Rollerskating Queen) and a few other treasures I will share with you soon. I also found some things for the Fancy Fine shop which I'm still hoping to launch next week. Stay tuned, dears!

11 comments:

Jenni said...

Gasp! Those shoes are perfect! I've been keeping my eyes out for some Ferragamos, but I can never seem to find any in my size. Sounds like you had a pretty good Christmas, especially the MacBook! What a great gift!

Anonymous said...

Amazing shoes! <3


http://luluandthestyle.blogspot.com

Maria Confer said...

So awesome! I have these same shoes in olive and brown leather! I love that yours are suede. I adore Ferragamos.

xx
Maria
Lulu Letty

Cait said...

Cutes shoes! All the best people use Mac's, I hope you are very happy together.

Colourful Buttons said...

Lovely shoes. So cute!

Regards,
Kaelyn
http://colourfulbuttons.blogspot.com/

Phara said...

They are so cute and I love burgundy coloured shoes. Perfect!
X

Laura @ The World Looks Red said...

OH WOW a new Macbook! I love my Macbook, I'm sure you'll love it too. The shoes are supercute, by the way!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is so generous of Victor! What a guy :) Love your shoes. They really are magical.

xoxo
Sophi

Annalise said...

Those shoes are amazing!
XOXO

K. said...

Well, the sight of these shoes has moved me to comment (I'm sure you understand) and I just have to say that you and your blog might be single-handedly responsible for turning a mild interest in vintage Ferragamos into a full-on obsession. I am utterly devoted to the classic flats now, but THESE! Well, I hardly have to tell you...

Rosaspina Vintage said...

Adorable! Look forward to see your new lovely vintage things ;)