Thursday, December 2, 2010

a-hunting we will go

 
This guy made me delicious gourmet mini donuts from scratch. Love him.
 
 
Admiring my donuts.
 
Victor was all about this vintage coat.
 
Winner of the creepiest flea market vignette.
 
And the Cutest Couple Ever award goes to...

I am definitely in my element when I'm pawing through racks and racks of old clothes, or squatting down to examine tangled piles of jewelry. Flea markets make me happier than almost anything else. These photos are from the Candlestick flea market, which is relatively new and quite amazing. I happily wandered around, popping mini cinnamon donuts into my mouth, gaping at all the treasures, and haggling with cute old ladies. And I walked away with my giant tote bag filled to the brim with pretty things. I'm so curious to know what the amazing twosome in the last photo bought... they were killing me with their matching festive attire.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how I love fleamarkets! This one looks amazing with all the jewelry and jackets, wow!
And the couple from the last photo is so cute :)

Phara said...

I love it too, it always make me very happy, especially when I find something unique...
X

blouse said...

i want those christmas lights!!!

xo~jane

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Gosh. that santa mouse/chipmunk/thing is EVIL.

You have a thing about making me jealous of donuts, don't you.

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

I love how in the States you can find markets like these, you guys just have so much more people and stuff, I am so jealous!

Carys said...

These pictures are lovely, it looks like such a fascinating flea market. I just love reading about all the adventures you go on!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

A Little Brighter said...

Oh wow! can't wait to seee what you picked up! Adore the photos and this is exactly what I feel like doing today (wish we had flea markets like this here) Ha! That last couple are the cutest. I always love it when older couples match. I always wonder weather they did iton purpose or not :D

Ayesha x

Kara McKenzie said...

Man, oh, man! I need a top-hatted man to come make me gourmet donuts every morning! Amazing!

Hugs,
Kara of Carnivorous Deer

D. Watts said...

reminds me of my favorite flea market in Alameda. new reader, love your blog + style.

xx

kate maggie said...

Ah, so jealous! I love flea markets just as much as you - and that coat! Eeeep....please tell me you bought it!!

Olivia said...

They have flea markets in candlestick park? Is this a yearly event?

Percy Owl said...

Lol - that's so awesome. Matching couple. Imagine that, being together so long you start dressing as one person, haha.
These markets look good. I must check out the market scene again, there might be different things that attact me now since I'm not 11 anymore :P

marissa (stylebook) said...

i need to know more about sweater lady's shoes!

elspeth angharad said...

How lovely! Beautiful shots, xx

http://glitterandpearls.blogspot.com/

Shelby said...

i wish there were places like this where i live!

PinkStripeySocks said...

Nice photos. They make me feel like I'm part of the action...

Unknown said...

Whaaaa when and where is this...candlestick park??? ahh

Kelly Lauren said...

I want to go to there!

where is this? when does it happen? I NEED to know!

you are adorable, btw