Tuesday, November 23, 2010

fancy friends #01: jessica ward



I'm excited to reveal the first installment of Fancy Friends, a new Fancy Fine feature that had been knocking about in my head for a while. I'm lucky to have many stylish lady (and gentleman!) friends who collect vintage, and I though it would be fun to give you a peek into their closets and homes. Our first Fancy Friend is Miss Jessica Ward, an x-ray technician by day and a vintage-wearing doll by night. She lives just a few blocks away from me with her cats Sebastian and Rhoda. I've known Jessica for almost 6 years and I've always admired her whimsical sense of style. She's a girl who knows what she likes and has a knack for finding the most splendid vintage dresses and shoes and mixing them with new things. She also has the best laugh of anyone I know, which often puts me in bad-joke-overdrive just trying to get more laughs out of her. Here's a little peek into her world...

(There are tons more photos after the jump... be sure to click on "read more" at the bottom of this post!)

Sebastian, the coolest cat ever.

Jessica has so many amazing prints in her closet! I wish I could have shown every single piece here.



Indecent!

Rhoda! (And my new Ferragamo heels, found at a thrift store.)

Jessica wore the stunning dress on the left for an epic New Years party we co-hosted last year.

Only the finest snacks for us!

Sebastian, taking Jessica's calls.

I was with Jessica when she bought this crazy hologram (!) dog "painting." I may have twisted her arm into buying it... someone needed to!

Evidence of impeccable taste in television shows.

18 comments:

mary van note said...

Oooo! I like this! I adore the cape she's holding. Really great photos... very fun!

Anonymous said...

the big fat resin grapes--too good!

Casie Jean said...

She looks like a lovely girl indeed, more fancy friends please!
x.x.x
Casie Jean

Helga said...

OMG she's gorgeous and she has the most adorable cats,clothes and shower curtain.I need a new cat.Or 2.Awesome fun post.
:)

Emily Rose said...

this is a good idea, i love getting a peak into peoples lives/ apartments. i so wish we lived near one another!! arg!

marissa (stylebook) said...

that sunglasses dress?! gah!

Nevenka said...

I have a grey kitty called Sebastian as well. Fun post!

Jenni said...

Gah, what a cool lady! Those clothes! That apartment! Those CATS! Super stellar, all the way. By the way... I've seen that same poodle picture in the bathroom of my favorite vintage store in Ohio! I'm glad to know it's not the only one in the world.

Unknown said...

I love this new feature! She has such awesome taste, from clothes to furniture to textiles to television! This was a lot of fun to look at :)

Percy Owl said...

I like it!
What an awesome cat - look at it in the cupboard teehee!!!
It thinks it's people

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Great idea for a series, I love spying on other people's lives. And you know I'm a sucker for a girl with a cat.

Gorgeous printed dresses, fabulous gramophone, and she wears Black Orchid so I'm convinced we would be perfume buddies!

Ebony Arwen said...

"Sebastian taking Jessica's calls" LOL. Awesome capture. Miss Jessica Ward should definitely get herself a blog - her style is so funky! x Awesome feature chick - can't wait to see more.

The Velvet Bow said...

What a terrific feature! Her wardrobe is absolutely to die for, and I may just want to kidnap her adorable kitties too. I am incredibly jealous of this girl!

Phara said...

Lovely and I just fell in love with those dark red shoes...

blouse said...

great idea!

she is so beautiful! i want all her dresses! since you live next to her do you get to borrow all her clothes?! so jea!

sunglasses dress=perfection.

xo~jane

Amber said...

what pretty lady and she does indeed have some gorgeous frocks in her closet.

Laura Bear said...

oh your blog is too fun. It really make me happy!!

Meg said...

I love the photos! that house looks awesome