Friday, August 20, 2010

purikura


dress  vintage
cardigan  vintage

One of my favorite ways to spend the day is trolling around Japantown: eating ramen, buying cute stationary I don't need, and most importantly, taking purikura photos like the ones above. Purikura is what they call the Japanese sticker photo booths that allow you to decorate the images with all kinds of amazing graphics. Victor and I are obsessed. This might be the first installment of many purikura posts, because I have so many more of them... and it's a fun way to show you what I'm wearing, too.

P.S. A few readers have asked about my hair... It is indeed naturally wavy and this is it's natural color. In fact, I don't do anything to it except brush my bangs and let the rest air-dry. Pretty boring, eh?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love purikura (I even have an app for it on my cell)! these are so awesome! my favorite one is the one where you're in a pocket with the kitty! haha so cute ^,^

Morgan said...

Wow, those pictures are amazing (and, so is your hair and dress!). I'm pretty sure I need to find one of those machines asap.

Percy Owl said...

Haha omg how awesome. We have these in the city (but so expensive, $12-15 a pop), they are the best! I don't think there are awesome kitten or koalas though :P

Shelby said...

these are amazing. your face in the fish bowl is priceless,

Meg! said...

Oh, wow... these are so creepy and amazing. I want to live in the world of these photos.

Coury Combs said...

Thanks! I've been reading your blog too! Found you on Calivintage tumblr. I know we are kindred spirits!

Coury Combs said...

And these pics are ridiculously cute!!

Mind Cocoon said...

these are so great! i love these booths! there is a place just like this around where i live. so cute, but a little pricey. it was definitely my favorite place to in high school though

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Wahahaha! These are amazing, you are such a cute couple :)

Venn said...

hahahah cute photoss :DD

xoxo

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I've always loved those photo stickers!