Friday, April 29, 2016

garden variety






It's been over a week since I moved back to California, alone. It was a difficult decision to make, leaving behind a piece of my heart, a best friend, someone wonderful who I know will always remain in my life. It wasn't born from anything other than a need to live this life on my own terms and feel vital again, to have stimuli beyond what a rural town can provide. I need the California sun, I need to create things with my hands, I need to be near my family and my friends, I need all of the fast paced blur of the city. Flowers are good for a broken heart. I forage for things, I cut things from the garden, and arranging everything together somehow makes me feel like I'm putting all the pieces back together. It will be a while before I feel as warm and colorful as these flowers, but I am on my way.

It was sad to leave but it does feel good to be back.

5 comments:

Gracie said...

Beautiful words, I hope you'll be OK.

Orchid Grey said...

xoxoxoxo the east coast misses you!

mary van note said...

Aww, welcome back! What a hard thing to do.
I love seeing the flower arrangements you post.

Unknown said...

You took a brave step in the right direction for you. Hope you are feeling better now!

Unknown said...

I really relate to this. I left my six-year relationship for similar reasons. It's been so hard, but I have grown so much as a person and have found my own unique version of happiness. It's always a nice reminder that ultimately your life is yours to live, and you always deserve to feel inspired and fulfilled. Self love is the most important love there is, and self care is an important step in realizing that. Thank you for sharing. Sending you positive vibes! <3 PS: I'm loving the floral arrangements, so pretty!!