Saturday, October 24, 2015

dictionary of flowers



I found this amazing 1972 flower and plant dictionary at a very cool used bookstore in Portland (Maine) yesterday. I love the layout (pre-Instagram style) and the fact that it lists so many different species. I'm admittedly a bit clueless still when it comes to identifying certain (er, most) flowers and plants, but I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible. On a side note, it occurred to me that this new obsession means I'm officially becoming my mom. She's quite pleased.

2 comments:

xy said...

What a catch! I would love to have something similar beacuse I am also a dummy when it comes to plants. And you're right, those photos are really ig inspired. Or vice versa. Haha.

Catherine said...

I'm loving all the colours in your posts lately. so perfectly Autumn!
i have an app to figure out what things are when im out and about and its been quite reliable so far. its called Like That Garden - you take a photo and the app compares it to others on the web to figure out what plant or flower your looking at
But this book is much dreamier and fun to just browse through!