Sunday, May 3, 2015

mrs. roper












sunglasses  karen walker
coat  vintage
dress  mr. larkin
necklace  vintage
bag  vintage
shoes  j. crew (old)

This isn't the first time I've channeled Mrs. Roper in a shapeless, colorful sack of a dress, and it certainly won't be the last. This Mr. Larkin dress is hands down the most comfortable thing in my wardrobe right now, and the ideal dress for when I'm on set styling at work because I can move freely about. The best part about this outfit is that I got some major shade from a (snooty) old lady that happened to walk by me and was heard muttering to her husband "The things women wear outside these days." Ha! Thanks for making me feel like a bit of fashion rebel, old lady. I'll take it.

14 comments:

Kristina Ave said...

Amazing photos :)

xx

mynameiskristina blog // bloglovin

Laura Mitbrodt said...

I love your striped dress, especially with your orange sunglasses
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

J.H. said...

Ha ha! Poor old lady is jealous of the fun you're having! Your outfit is great!

Unknown said...

Laughing at the old lady shade. Come on, people have been wearing stuff like that outside for at least 40 years! And you look awesome anyway, I love the stripes against all the flowers. Gorgeous shots.

Elsa said...

I really like those colors.

Sarah said...

I always love the colors in your photos. Such beautiful flowers interspersed with a vibrant outfit - great format! :)

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are all so gorgeous, Ashley. I love the way you edit them and the framing really tells your stories perfectly. <3

xoxo,

Jenny

http://www.shelovesdresses.com

Rania, Style Whimsical. said...

Gorgeous striped dress.. and looove all the flowers! :)

Valerie Enríquez said...

Mrs. Roper, hah! That passerby sounds hilarious, although I think you look great! Beautiful flower backdrop too!

Anonymous said...

I love this style !!

Unknown said...

Great, love your post!

http://www.kissydress.co.uk/one-shoulder-bridesmaid-dresses

augenschmaeuse said...

you're so fancy and currently one of my fav blogger!!

Unknown said...

Amazing look and stunning photos!
Have a nice evening!
Angela Donava
http://www.lookbooks.fr/

hellolindello said...

hello! can I ask what size you ordered? wondering if I should get a small or medium since it runs oversized. I typically wear a medium in most dresses. Thanks!