Monday, January 6, 2014

orange silk & cotton candy mohair











coat  vintage
blouse  vintage
skirt  vintage
tights  h&m
shoes  vintage

The last time I photographed this cotton candy hued mohair coat was back in 2011, which feels like forever ago. I wore it then with a similarly saccharine 1960's dress covered in giant bows, and in these photos I paired with my favorite brown suede skirt and an orange silk blouse I unearthed from a pile at the Alameda Flea Market. These photos were shot over a month ago (which you probably already noticed if you follow me on Instagram) but I've been a blogging snail lately. Today I'm bundled up in a winter coat, oversized scarf, and hat with ear flaps, dreaming of those recent days when many thick layers were not a requirement!

14 comments:

Lucy in the Sky said...

Such a lovely outfit. That coat is so beautiful - I'd something just like that as an addition to my closet!

Arianne said...

I'm sorry I just have to say I love your hair and ask HOW do you style it?!

bluehuewonderland said...

The colors here are beautiful! This is a great coat and pairing it with this blouse is fab. Delightful post and your hair is so cute.

blue hue wonderland

Christina Catherine said...

Bright orange and baby pink! What a great combo.

Also, if you keep trimming your hair and I keep growing mine we may just meet in the middle.

Unknown said...

Love the coat! Nice outfit!

x Angela
www.bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com

Catherine said...

such a gorgeous coat! Like a pretty pink teddy bear!xo

ohsorosie said...

I would never have put bright orange and pale pink together but it looks wonderful :)

dom.the.mom said...

What a fun look! More people should furry light pink coats in their wardrobe!

Fchan said...

hello! this is my first comment (i think) after a long time I've been visiting your blog. Just to say you are such a big inspiration for me. You are lovely and you know exactly what clothes suit you best, and you make it fun and cute! I just love it. please keep posting!!

Unknown said...

that coat and those shoes is a dream combination!

Unknown said...

you are way too cute. can't handle it. I want that coat, please!

xxx
Lady à la Mode

Lauren | Chic Éthique said...

I adore your style, and your hair is beautiful! I've been looking for a new vintage fashion blog to read, and am happy to have found yours!
-Lauren
http://musingsofaflowerchild.blogspot.com

Tessa said...

Ugh, your outfits are always so flawless!

themadmod.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your photos always capture your chosen mood perfectly.