Saturday, July 13, 2013

fancy locks


After talking about cutting my hair and fretting over it for far too long, I finally just did it. On my lunch break at work. Luckily for me I work with amazingly talented freelance hair stylists every day, and one of these lovely folks offered to cut my locks in exchange for cocktails and many thankful hugs. It's a crazy thing to go from waist long hair to this new shoulder length 'do, but I am super happy with my decision. It was time for a change! I still keep making these long haired lady gestures, like trying to flip it all over one shoulder (channeling Cher probably), and then feeling silly because there is nothing really to flip. It feels amazing to have all that weight gone, especially during these sweaty sticky summer days. I loved my long hair and how it sort of became part of my identity over the years, but I'm glad I got over it and went for something new. It was about damn time.








21 comments:

Cat said...

Ashley, it looks fantastic and well done for being brave and giving it a go, you look stunning!

Charmaine said...

It's amazing how much hair can become a part of our identities. I was a platinum blonde for 7. 5 years, and was GUTTED when I changed it. My white blonde locks felt like a part of me. It's been four months now and I love my more natural golden blonde, and I agree with you, I am glad I got over it. I LOVE your new do! It may sound weird, but I feel like I can see your features more? A great 'do on you!

Unknown said...

refreshing! :)

xo
toshiko
www.itsnotheritsme.com

Catherine said...

It looks just as pretty! Long or short! Good on you!

Mary Mackenzie said...

It looks beautiful!! Truly awesome. Congratulations on finally making the cut!

ohsorosie said...

Wow, your hair looks so gorgeous <3
Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

Rosaspina Vintage said...

Big thumbs up for you new 'do, sweetheart! Those wavy locks really flatter your beautiful features and may I say that you could even dare a shorter length like in the Disguised pictures you posted a while ago, so charming!
I've been looking at my split ends a lot lately, hope I'll have the guts to chop them off soon ;)

Alexandra Marie said...

It seriously looks adorable! Congrats! Alex

tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

looks beautiful!!!

Chelsey Patti said...

So cute, love it!!!

http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

Caitlin said...

It looks adorable!!!!! I bet it feels so fresh!! It's so hard to make the decision to cut long hair, but once you do it, it feels amazing!!!

Leeds said...

So brave!! It looks amazing!

Sammi said...

Your hair looks gorgeous! So pretty on you. You are much braver than I could ever be!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

alittlevintagestory said...

Looks fabulous, congrats on the brave chop! xx

Anonymous said...

It looks really amazing on you!

x Angela / BouncingBrunette.wordpress.com

Babes in Thriftland said...

I think I said this on instgram but I love love love your new cut! It is so flattering on you!

L. said...

Such a flattering cut on you, you have beautiful hair whether it's waist-length or shoulder-length!
L.
www.missionfashionable.com

Anonymous said...

It looks amazing, love! Really brings out your natural waves. I'm sure it feels great too, especially during those hot & humid East coast Summer months!

Unknown said...

you look like Taliana Vargas she is an actress from my country so beautiful

Unknown said...

I loved your long hair but this look is great on you!

Simonas street said...

Very lovely! It really suits you and as someone else wrote, it brings out your features!

XO,

Simona