Sunday, December 9, 2012

mint on mint









photos by Darcy Rogers

jacket  vintage
dress  vintage from thrifted & modern
bracelet  vintage

In the past ten or so years my wardrobe has drastically turned over. For a while I was collecting so many new things (dug up mostly at thrift stores and flea markets) that I was forced to purge my closets frequently so I wouldn't be drowning in vintage. And now I'm constantly drowning in vintage because I've given up on the regular wardrobe purging, finding it too hard to part with my vintage finds. The mint 1960's jacket in these photos is one of very few pieces I've owned for more than five years. I found this little number in a thrift store about nine years ago and it has somehow avoided being sold off on Etsy or to Buffalo Exchange ever since. If I comb through my closets there are very few things I've owned for more than five, six, seven years, but that will someday change now that it feels as though I have a true collection and not just a bunch of silly threads to wear once and toss out. I do sometimes think about a few dresses I let go back in the day, in particular a gorgeous 1950's orange brocade party dress that will probably haunt me forever. I hope, for the sake of the dress, that some adorable gal is dancing around in it somewhere. It deserved a few more parties.

12 comments:

meredith said...

That is such a gorgeous jacket! I'm glad you kept it for so long. I love seeing these photos of your lovely apartment too. I looks so bright and cheerful!

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

I love your new place, the light in there is so amazing. Where do you put everything?? I have stuff everywhere, I really like how you have the purses and stuff in a closet. If only I could take over my man closet and his office ;)

Anonymous said...

that's so pretty dress.. i love your apartment :)Irene Wibowo

Unknown said...

you are stunning. i love how you decorated, and i love the mint on mint. i absolutely know how you feel. i still regret selling my black semi sheer polka dotted new years dress from last year. & lots of other party dresses. good thing we have lots of years more to collect away :)

xo

Anonymous said...

LOVE this so much! I'm also totally obsessed with your green couch! What a find! xo

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

You are mint, Ashley! I've typically either had things for a decade or a day, but I imagine that will change when I have more space.

Christina Catherine said...

Your apartment is beautiful! I'm glad you're taking pictures in there... and that LACE SOUTACHE dress is so pretty (that's right, I know 'bout lace and shit).

Are coming out here for the holidays? Sterling and I are going to be in Los Angeles most of the time, but hopefully we can catch you...

LookForKim said...

I'd wear that jacket into the ground too. :o)

Kim

http://loopsoflavender.blogspot.com/

Naomi said...

Very pretty! I want to see if I actually own anything more than 5yrs old in my closet now... :P

http://theoccasionalindulgence.blogspot.com/

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Oh you are so adorable! You home looks amazing and I am loving your blog!
Daisy Dayz
Cross-Jones-Photography

345 said...

Wow! I fell in love with the red heart shaped purse that hangs from your door knob. *-*

Unknown said...

Too true. That jacket deserves to be taken for a spin. Always so envious of your wardrobe!

x Elena @ Randomly Happy