Wednesday, October 3, 2012

a new home


I've been a bad blogger for the past few months. But I know you'll forgive me, sweet readers, because you understand that moving across the country takes a lot out of a girl! Happily I am all tucked into my new apartment in Rittenhouse Square. The art has been hung, the dresses crammed into various closets, the shoes spread out all over the damn place. I even found a strawberry tea kettle that makes me unreasonably happy and puts every other tea kettle on earth to shame.

I live right in the center of things here in Philadelphia and so far I absolutely love it, especially my close proximity to so many great restaurants. I haven't had a cheesesteak just yet (gasp!) but I've had a number of excellent burgers (Village Whiskey is currently #1) and found the speakeasy bar of my dreams (Farmer's Cabinet). I even had my first Philly karaoke night and it wasn't half bad! People keep asking me how I like living here so far and my answer is always easy: I like it lots! Having my dream job certainly makes things that much more glittery and wonderful, but the city itself has grown on me. I've even had a few pleasant experiences with complete strangers that made me a believer in the whole "City of Brotherly Love" thing. I do miss San Francisco and all the people in it but I am beyond happy to be here. Hopefully from now on I will be a bit better about documenting my adventures on the east coast!

The amazing green couch is from Urban Outfitters and is even prettier in person. Oh, and it folds out into a bed!




Treats for my housewarming party.




Donut and a zig zag rug (from Urban Outfitters).

My wall o' art is coming together thanks to a massive photo of Gene Wilder and 1950's ice cream prints from the Brimfield flea market.




17 comments:

marissa (stylebook) said...

i used to have the same tea kettle, ash! i love the pieces you've hung on your wall--- so you. xo

Orla said...

I totally forgive you for not blogging, because I have spent the whole of September living out of a suitcase and two plastic bags, and it has ruined me. Great to see you back and that you're having a nice time!

-- Orla.

Unknown said...

Love the Gene Wilder pic {every home should have one!}

Leah said...

Your place looks so levelly- and so completely you! haha. Glad you're all settled!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Farmer's Cabinet! Make sure you also check out National Mechanics (a little bit of a hike for you, but worth it) and get some gelato at Capo Giro! It's seriously the best gelato this side of the Atlantic.

Babes in Thriftland said...

Such a cute place but I wouldn't expect anything less!

Stephanie said...

I'm dying over that couch and your teapot and your milk glass. Ah. All so pretty.

Katie Frank said...

your flat seems to be cool! <3 and this little beast called kitty <3 how CUTE :3
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Bianca said...

I'm really jealous of that gene wilder poster! plus I am officially buying that couch! its made of dreams!!!!

Unknown said...

you have a gorgeous place! congrats

www.double-pizzazz.com

Unknown said...

I love apartment posts and yours is by far a wonderful and inspiring one! I knew I needed to use a shelf for more than pants... ♥ Meghan, The Flight of Fancy

The Braided Bandit said...

Its looks so gorgeous! I love how your group things together and don't shove them in a drawer, but proudly display all your collections! No mint wall?!
Thanks so much for sharing a peek, its perfect!
xo Hannah

Wear The Canvas said...

Your place looks so nice! Happy to hear you're all settled in.

Maxime Loncke said...

That is just the cutest tea kettle! I'm sure you'll have great time in your new apartment, it all looks so pretty!

Michelle said...

Your home is a place I would love to visit and just walk around in inhaling the atmosphere and looking at all the weird and pretty stuff. Your home looks wonderful.

Cheers from Denmark!

Domestica said...

Your new digs look awesome - going to have to share this post. I love Center City and actually lived my high school years on Rittenhouse at the Rittenhouse Claridge kitty corner fr what was then Urban Outfitters (now Anthro). Philly's the best, and you can't beat that south neighborhood.

Lilianajcardoso said...

Your home is so cute, and I believe you must be thrilled with it, because I've moved a couple of times and, despite of how exhausting it is, it's amazing to start a new life in a new place, getting the chance to put this our away, is so amazing :)

xxx
Lily
http://aridehome.blogspot.pt/